News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aion Stratus

Started by Axeman, November 16, 2019, 06:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axeman

Anyone here has had a problem with the volume being to low on a Stratus Aion build?

WormBoy

The Stratus is a rather straightforward tubescreamer clone, so its output volume should be similar to any other tubescreamer (with the same diode setup). And, what is "too low" for one person may be "more than enough" for another  ;). With two Si diodes you should be able to produce a pretty solid boost at full volume, with any regular guitar as input, and a clean amp.

Edit: I built the 1590B version a while back, and it is working like a charm.

Caedarn

I built one a few months ago and will try it today and let you know. Are you using single coil or humbuckers? (Not sure if it matters, but I'll use what you have)

Axeman

Let me clarify, It's almost no volume, you can barely hear it.  Like a broken speaker.

WormBoy

In that case, I fear that you have a pedal to debug  8). Audio probing may be a good way to spot where the problem is (after looking over the board/wiring for the obvious issues).

Caedarn

Quote from: Axeman on November 17, 2019, 05:49:23 AM
Let me clarify, It's almost no volume, you can barely hear it.  Like a broken speaker.

In that case, no. I didn't encounter any issues with this build. Sorry I can't be of help.

Axeman

Got it working wrong resistors. I mistakenly used 510 ohms instead of 510K.