News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Eoo3 progress

Started by gordo, May 20, 2019, 05:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

As I mentioned, I've made every imaginable mistake thru the build of this beast.  My board standoffs were too tall, the crimp connectors on the ribbon cable had a hood on them that stood too tall, loop wires WAY too long, Small Bear shielded cable is great but is so thin that any movement and it breaks...I ended up going with standard hookup wire that I twisted to get all runs non-parallel.  During it all I had some major life events that checked me into the boards a few times...but STILL...it works.  I'm really proud of this one.

A few notes worth mentioning.  Follow the build guide, the drilling template, the parts list, and the docs.  Marshall Arts is German and this is German engineering at it's best.  If you build as documented this thing fits together like a BMW.

I reserve the right to revisit this with shielded cable.  I really won't know till I get it in a live situation but so far it's dead quiet.  I can begin work now on how I want this thing to layout on a board and introduce it to my little 6505mh.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Marshall Arts

Quote from: gordo on December 02, 2019, 05:03:18 PM
I'm not getting voltage or any noticeable clicking thru the trails loops. 

I am so happy to hear that. I had some (acceptable) clicking in high gain settings and I know, that this feature is important to you (if I remember correctly, you were the one to put that on the feature list).

Congrats for a successful build of this monster. Will you put this in the BOTY contest? If so, I would not put in mine ...

gordo

Nope, all the kudos go to you on this one.  I'll vote for you :-)

For me the tails is the major feature, I love the sound of my delay in the effects loop but really need it to fade naturally after it's turned off.  Integrating the amp switches as effects is the icing on the cake.  I'm laying out a board for it now and hope to have it finished in time for the beginning of January.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?