News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tayda still slipping...

Started by Govmnt_Lacky, November 20, 2019, 09:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

All points made are very valid. I try Tom make a few orders as possible. Newark is great for this. They have 90% of the passive components I need. Plus they prices are better than most and have cheap shipping costs too. Lovemyswitches is the other place I go for hardware and other parts. I do get a couple things from Tayda but not very often. Their shipping frustrates me though. It's a bit high for the delivery times they offer. But that's part of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: flanagan0718 on November 24, 2019, 08:25:12 PM
I do get a couple things from Tayda but not very often. Their shipping frustrates me though. It's a bit high for the delivery times they offer. But that's part of the game.

I always use their expedites (DHL/FedEx) option no matter what I order. It is the difference between waiting 3 weeks or 6-7 days.

My main concern and the reason I started this post has to do with customer service with regards to emails and inquiries. They used to be spot on and respond to questions within a week. Now, it seems that they can't be bothered.  :-\

somnif

Funny enough, I just today received my first ever error in a Tayda order. Ordered some 100uF 35V electrolytic caps. Received 10uF 100V instead.

I'll email them to see how things go!

Willybomb

QuoteI always use their expedites (DHL/FedEx) option no matter what I order. It is the difference between waiting 3 weeks or 6-7 days.
Quite often it's cheaper for me to order DHL than regular postage.    Usually, if I'm using the discount code I save enough to cover it anyway.

Govmnt_Lacky

Just now sent a request to Tayda asking about an item. Received the "We got your request" email instantly.

Will report back IF I get a response.

TNblueshawk

Just took a leap and ordered a ton of things from Tayda. I figure I have to order from someone. I guess I'll hold my breath.
John

jimilee

I've gotten two or three orders since this thread started. I still haven't had any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Govmnt_Lacky

Interestingly enough.... I just got a response today  ;D

Looks like they are back on the ball with the email responses!