News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My worst & my best builds

Started by George, November 26, 2019, 03:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George

Madbeanpedals forum taught me most of the things i know about pedals since day 1 and helped me a lot when starting this completely new hobby-passion in my life! This is my way of saying ''thank you for everything guys'' by posting my first and my last builds showing all the fun i am having all these years.

First Build WTF fuzz  ;D:

Pork Barrel:
Great pcb is great!!! I cant find a pic of the populated pcb at the moment. I remember i drilled the back cover of the enclosure because a capacitor was so tall it couldn't close and it doesn't stick out just barely. (I ll post it later if i find it or just take a new photo).

Custom Bad-ass Modified
Diy clone of the "MXR custom badass modified O.D." on veroboard with freestyle marker artwork shielded with a clearcoat varnish.

Deep Blue Delay
Diy clone (on vero) of the Deep Blue Delay. Decorated with 24k gold leaf for classier sound  8)  ;D. A momentary footswitch is added that engages "self-oscillation mode" for as long as you step on it. The self-oscillation can react with changes of the effect's controls in real time with very interesting results. Inside though its not that good looking  ::) i put some pieces of foam around the spaghetti wires to stabilize the pcb!

P.S. All of the above builds sit now in my pedalboard adn are getting abused every day (poor golden delay - i didn't clear-coated :-[), the fuzz obviously had an extreme make over and after that was put in a new enclosure. 

matmosphere

Nice!! These are all super nice. Are those switches on the pork barrel from an Atari?

cooder

Excellent! That cardboard fuzz is epic... now I need to look through my recycling bin for the grungiest piece of cardboard...  ;)
BigNoise Amplification

George

Quote from: Matmosphere on November 26, 2019, 12:03:04 PM
Nice!! These are all super nice. Are those switches on the pork barrel from an Atari?

The slider switches are vintage microphone switch replacements i found on a local shop and i found the knobs in my fathers storage along with other 20+ years old electronic components  ;D

George

I dont know if you noticed but the photos backgrounds are obviously edited  :P

Caedarn

Love the enclosure designs. What did you use to create the artwork?

Dminner

that pork barrel is awesome! I would have never thought to use those slider switches with standard circle holes, but it actually looks really!

gordo

Very creative stuff here.  +1 on the round holes for square switch comment.  I'd have never thought of that.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?