Author Topic: New programmable switcher/looper with LCD touch screen  (Read 632 times)

Marshall Arts

• Electron Doctor
    • View Profile
Re: New programmable switcher/looper with LCD touch screen
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2019, 01:14:19 PM »
Where did you get the enclosure from? It's great as well. And yes, having a separate patch box will help with HF interference.

vagos21

• Diode Destroyer
  • Breadboard the h*** out of it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2019, 12:33:56 AM »
The enclosures for the controller and looper are 1mm stainless steel sheet metal, and the top part of the controller looks like this:

Lucky me, i've been working on CNC programming for a while now! But the stainless steel finish is not easy to paint, takes special primer and i didn't have time to deal with the decals yet.
I tested the schematic you sent me about the blend/fx on, and i must say though i don't get huge pops anymore, there's quite a lot of noise when the blend is activated. Maybe it's my digital delay pedal that somehow gets its own noise in the circuit, will keep on testing this whole week on different schematics and ideas and let you know. I remember i had built a couple of years ago a nice programmable bass guitar looper, 3 loops,  5 patches, phase reversal, blend and volume stored in patches, was dead silent and all the nice frequencies came through. This was the schematic:

it was a modified version of a K&R blender and now that i see it again i have a lot of changes to suggest to myself haha  ::)

vagos21

• Diode Destroyer
  • Breadboard the h*** out of it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2019, 11:51:23 PM »
Good morning everyone, the project is progressing slowly but steadily. Today i got the first chance to test it all out, basic functions like simple switching and MIDI. It all works fine, but the midi creates a ground loop (midi cable and audio jacks on the same pedal), is this normal? Should i get rid of the midi ground, or  add a small switch to lift it?

PS: the LCD makes no noise at all, the whole setup is dead silent!  8) But one thing i wanted to avoid that i totally can't avoid: connecting analog and digital ground together at some point. without it, this thing like a noise beast! Why does this happen?   ???

Thank you all for the support and ideas, i'll keep posting progress  ;D