News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Moodring FX Insert

Started by DarfnageL, December 10, 2019, 02:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarfnageL

I tried looking for any thread regarding this subject, so if I missed it I'm sorry.

With that out of the way, I just ordered the Moodring reverb with the idea of adding another circuit to only the reverb tails. My question is, is it just as simple as figuring out the best place to split off the signal to run it through the second effect, or are there other considerations? In looking at the circuit, my best guess would be right after the reverb tone control and before the gain recovery stage (In red) or between the output of the BTDR and the tone control (seen in green).

Any insight or direction to posts relevant to this would be appreciated!

madbean

What you want to do is use the two pads for C22 as the send and return (IOW, omit C22 from the Moodring). Round pad of C22 goes to - of new 1uF, + of same 1uF goes to input of inserted effect. Output of inserted effect to - of another 1uF cap and + of same cap goes back to the square pad of C22 on the MR PCB.

DarfnageL

Quote from: madbean on December 10, 2019, 03:02:56 PM
What you want to do is use the two pads for C22 as the send and return (IOW, omit C22 from the Moodring). Round pad of C22 goes to - of new 1uF, + of same 1uF goes to input of inserted effect. Output of inserted effect to - of another 1uF cap and + of same cap goes back to the square pad of C22 on the MR PCB.

Awesome! Thank you so much! I figured it wasn't too difficult to do, but I hadn't seen any documentation describing what to do. I'll be sure to post up my work once I finish!