News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Warhead, vibrato loophole, wizard wah and more...

Started by JakeFuzz, November 12, 2011, 11:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JakeFuzz

I just got a Blue Snowball microphone and it sounds halfway decent although you can still tell it was recording in a room despite the directional pattern.

Most of this is pointless noodling and just me playing around with the different effects  :D. Sorry if I seem to go off on playing tangents its been two weeks since i've played  :'( . I've combined several pedals into each sound clip. The most important ones people will want to hear is the Warhead, the loophole with the vibrato mod, the demeter compulator, the fuzz face with low gain Russian germaniums, the wizard wah (well a vox v847 modded to wizard specs) and maybe the Sunking with BB opamps and LH diodes. I apologize in advance for shaming the world of rhythm guitar players.

Everything is being played with a Fender Twin Reverb Reissue with a cannabis rex speaker. The guitar is a 70's style Fender strat with Dimarzio area pickups and brand new strings.   

http://soundcloud.com/jakefuzz/sets/pedal-stuff

sgmezei

Hey those Russian low gains sound awesome! I dig the sound you are getting. Also, the wah and screwdriver section sounds great too. Thanks for the demos!

petesz

dude thats sweet. i enjoyed listening to all of them.
cant wait to get my loophole chip in the mail..
also dammit the screwdriver sounds good! and the wizard wah rules!
excellent work and you are a good player!

Haberdasher

Awesome, Paul!  I listened to your jams while I ate Chicken Kung Pao.  It was a good combination.

The Warhead sounds so cool!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

JakeFuzz

Quote from: Haberdasher on November 13, 2011, 12:26:01 AM
Awesome, Paul!  I listened to your jams while I ate Chicken Kung Pao.  It was a good combination.

The Warhead sounds so cool!

Haha, I am half chinese... couldn't be coincidence  :D

Quote from: petesz on November 13, 2011, 12:23:15 AM
dude thats sweet. i enjoyed listening to all of them.
cant wait to get my loophole chip in the mail..
also dammit the screwdriver sounds good! and the wizard wah rules!
excellent work and you are a good player!

Yes the screwdriver is amazing. I like it because it gets like a marshally sounding overdrive but when you dig in it goes into those fuzz face tones. Really interesting overdrive, definitely one of my favorites.

petesz

I shouldn't have sold my Cosmo pcb :( dammit thinking i could never get through all 20+ pcbs..

Also i can only picture you as the guy in your sig with the mo.

slimtriggers

JakeFuzz

Thanks everyone, I had tons of fun making them too.

Quote from: petesz on November 13, 2011, 12:46:45 AM
I shouldn't have sold my Cosmo pcb :( dammit thinking i could never get through all 20+ pcbs..

Also i can only picture you as the guy in your sig with the mo.

If you ever build a cosmo hit me up, I have these really low gain oc139's that would be perfect for a screwdriver (gain is around 45). You can just have one, I cant really figure out what to do with them other than this circuit.

Haha I guess I would kind of look like Freddy without that crazy stache, I don't know if that is a good thing though...

petesz

jtn191

woot I <3 Maggot Brain. Thanks for the demos, mayne

dwstanford

Bad ass clips, man.  I dig the univibe and fuzz face clips.  Wicked awesome.

timbo_93631

Bridge of Sighs!   Good for you!  Clips sounds pretty good too, I am trying to figure out what USB mic to pick up...
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

JakeFuzz

Quote from: timbo_93631 on November 14, 2011, 10:25:41 PM
Bridge of Sighs!   Good for you!  Clips sounds pretty good too, I am trying to figure out what USB mic to pick up...

The snowball is good for the price. Everyone says the Yeti is amazing. The snowball still sounds a little dull to my ears, the amps punchiness doesn't really come through that well granted the amp volume was on 1. I need an isolation room too, the snowball does pick up a lot of background noise despite being cardioid, you can still hear my strings and louder pick attack despite being about 4 feet behind the mic. But for 60 bucks...  ;)

bigmufffuzzwizz

I must agree w/ everyone these sound clips sound really good! So much great tone, I enjoy the ramblings too!
Your loophole has so many cool features, and the harmonic screams at the end of the first track w/ skrewdriver and wizard wah on, that's the good stuff!!
Your FF is lovely to listen to, not to mention your hendrix medley! Sunking + wah,,oh yea!!! Your gotta show me how you did that conversion..I got interrupted while listening to your warhead but I already know how great that one sounds!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

JakeFuzz

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on November 15, 2011, 10:39:31 PM
I must agree w/ everyone these sound clips sound really good! So much great tone, I enjoy the ramblings too!
Your loophole has so many cool features, and the harmonic screams at the end of the first track w/ skrewdriver and wizard wah on, that's the good stuff!!
Your FF is lovely to listen to, not to mention your hendrix medley! Sunking + wah,,oh yea!!! Your gotta show me how you did that conversion..I got interrupted while listening to your warhead but I already know how great that one sounds!

Thanks Magic! We'll have to get some of your pedals over here and record those too.

I love the harmonic screams, has be come my new novelty favorite. You can tell I use them too much. They are such a high frequency the wah just acts like a volume pedal.

FF is definitely cool. I've got some of these Russians if you want to try a few out. The wizard wah is my favorite wah so far. Its pretty much the exact same as the wizard schem except with one of the 220n caps switched to 330n and a yellow fasel inductor. I also cut out the huge rubber stoppers to get more sweep and moved the rack gear to make the inflection point more towards the heel of the sweep. Sounds really cool.