News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

7.25 - Store Closure

Started by madbean, July 25, 2010, 09:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Guys, I'm sorry to have to close the store for a few days. We've suffered another loss in our family. Yesterday, my grandfather passed away. He was absolutely heart-broken by the loss of our grandmother two weeks ago and lost the will to go on. But, he went peacefully, as did she, and we are happy for that. They were married 68 years.

Anyway, I'm leaving town today and closing the store for the time being. Almost all orders will ship out today, but I want to give myself a little time to get caught up on other things when I return. I expect to re-open the store this coming Thursday. I know there are still some outstanding issues with debugging, and I will have internet access while I'm gone. So, I'll try to provide whatever assistance I can that way.

maysink

Condolences to you & yours again.
[nothing to see here]
-e

pauloman80

More condolences.  Thinking about you & your family.
--------------------------------------------------
Regards,
pauloman80

Haberdasher

Sorry to hear that, madbean.  We'll see you when you return.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

irmcdermott

So sorry to hear that. Will be thinking of you and your family again this week. Safe travels. I'll do my best to help out here where I can!

aziltz

I'm sorry to hear that, brian.  My thoughts are with you and your family.

oldhousescott

Sorry to hear, Brian. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Rich_S

My condolences to your whole family, Brian.  My grandparents went in much the same way, years ago... one without the other just wasn't possible.
I am using you; am I amusing you? - Martha Johnson

PeterMorton

I offer my condolences as well, Brian.

madbean

Thanks everyone. I'm back now, and this is all behind us (the family). The service was wonderful, and we are sad, but ready to move on to the next chapter in our family life. Grandpa was an incredible guy...my favorite person in the world. That was the last thing I said to him, too. WWII vet, didn't finish high school, started out in coal mines and made his way up to vice president of a major coal company and president of another. Fun, and full of life. My world is a little more gray without him, but the memories live on :)

Mr. G.

Sorry to hear about your loss Brian. 

pauloman80

Quote from: madbean on July 28, 2010, 08:36:13 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm back now, and this is all behind us (the family). The service was wonderful, and we are sad, but ready to move on to the next chapter in our family life. Grandpa was an incredible guy...my favorite person in the world. That was the last thing I said to him, too. WWII vet, didn't finish high school, started out in coal mines and made his way up to vice president of a major coal company and president of another. Fun, and full of life. My world is a little more gray without him, but the memories live on :)

A toast to your Grandpa.  Glad your heart is feeling positive & uplifted.
--------------------------------------------------
Regards,
pauloman80

andywragg

Hi Madbean, not been around (here) for a while. Sorry to hear of your loss. Grandad's are 'special' for boys. I was gutted when I lost mine a couple of years ago. My 8YO boy carries his name on. As well as inheriting his name, we've found out this summer that he has also inherited his passion for fishing.

Please accept my belated condolences on behalf of your family.

Andy

madbean

Andy, thanks. My daughter has my grandfather's lat name as her first name! I hope she might enjoy fishing, too, someday. That's what grandpa and I used to do together in the summers. I even told a funny story about fishing with him at the funeral.