News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

11.14 - Update on shipping

Started by madbean, November 14, 2011, 06:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pietro_moog

cool, my boards are here now. i guess it was just a matter of time..
no beef involved

DutchMF

You know, Brian is not to blame for any slow local mail services! I waited some time for my first boards as well, but they arrived, with the same hand-written "thx" as mentioned before. We should be grateful for a guy putting this much effort in keeping his customers happy! BTW: did you see his posts on the recall for Honeydripper boards? He IS FOR REAL!! No big company is gonna do a thing like that! All the best to you for 2012 Brian, keep it up!!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

pietro_moog

i don't understand why you are saying me that. i know Brian is a cool guy, i was just sharing with everybody my disappointment with italian postal service, and i was adding my beef with the local mailman as a funny fact. D'you got i was blaming B. for a mailman-meathead?
whatever, i'm grateful to B. i hope he continues his business for a lot of years.
cool.

madbean

No worries, pietro, I understood exactly what you meant. Overseas shipping is frustrating because it is really unpredictable in terms of transit time. Some are as little as a week and some a month. I had one this year that was almost two months....but I think was was because of an earthquake.

Fortunately, shipping them out is actually a breeze. I use Endicia for international stuff and it is very convenient. Long gone are the days where I would fill out customs forms by hand...I must have done around 1000 of those before I started doing it online!

gtr2

Even the US mail is slow right now...  Wait until May of 2012 when USPS downsizes  >:(
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

DutchMF

Sorry if i was misunderstood, don't mean to offend anyone! BTW: I worked for the dutch mail company for almost 8 years, so i know what happens with everything that gets sent around. I'm actually amazed that most of it gets on it's destination on time and in one piece, the things i've seen.......

Again apologies, and happy new year everyone!
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

sam_c

I just received some new boards from Brian today, superfast post!

from USA to UK in 8 days is a new record for me.