News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lovetone Pedals

Started by LaceSensor, December 17, 2011, 03:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

Taylor did a cool PCB of the meatball, and there are a few other projects out there such as

- String Ringer (RingStinger)
- Big Cheese (GGG is one example, maybe more)
- Brown Source

But there isnt anything for the Wobulator, Doppelganger or Flanger.
I know Dirk Hendrik has RE the Wobulator but he wont share the findings, which is his prerogative.
I cant help with the Flanger, and it seems noone else can either, but one that could be done is the Doppelganger.

I for one would love one of these in a 1590BB or even a 1790ns would be fine.
I have the last released version, lots of high res images, and detailed all the parts / values that I could decipher.

would anyone here, or Brian himself, be interested in working up a dual side PCB layout for a project, or failing that, a direct copy of what is available now?

I dont have the pedal in my hands right now, but I can link to the photos and such, and can pick up the pedal from storage tommorow.

Let me know your thoughts.
I just cant get my head around Eagle and never find time to properly learn it, like lots of software :(
I can just about to vero's in DIY LC, but this is gonna be a massive vero haha.

Cheers

LS

badgerific

I would love to see more lovetone clones about because they seem like great pedals but are so hard to get hold of :(

LaceSensor

I did a vero layout for the Big Cheese which is verified if you are interested?
Its a really nice Fuzz pedal.
Verified and fits in a 1590BB

madbean

I have the Ring Stinger about half-way drawn in Eagle. That was a few months ago. I don't think anyone has successfully traced the Doppleganger and for sure not the ? flanger.

So, I'd say the Ring Stringer is the best bet and I would be totally down for that. I want at least one ring mod project, so why not the most complicated one, too?

I have one of Taylor's Meat Sphere PCBs almost finished. It's a great project!

LaceSensor

Quote from: madbean on December 17, 2011, 05:59:26 AM
I have the Ring Stinger about half-way drawn in Eagle. That was a few months ago. I don't think anyone has successfully traced the Doppleganger and for sure not the ? flanger.

So, I'd say the Ring Stringer is the best bet and I would be totally down for that. I want at least one ring mod project, so why not the most complicated one, too?

I have one of Taylor's Meat Sphere PCBs almost finished. It's a great project!

Hi

A Ringstinger in a smaller package would be awesome. I would build another, it would let me then sell my big version.

It is a fantastic pedal, loads of awesome sounds.
MY only issue is you can hear the faintest sound of the Octave Fuzz in bypass. When in bypass with Ring Mod preselected, it is silent. If anything i wouldve perhaps guessed the opposite was true.

Either way its a minor niggle.

If you want to do any work on a Doppelganger as above I have one available.
Im tempted to just try and made a pure copy of it, but they are massive in footprint.

madbean

I found a schem for the Wobulator a few minutes ago as I was cleaning out a desk. So, I stand corrected!

LaceSensor

Would you be willing to share it please?

insomniac2295

Wait, so are you saying that the GGG tuned muff is a Big Cheese clone?

madbean

madbean

LaceSensor

madbean

Aha. Good link on DIYSB..thanks!

With clear, large pics of the top and bottom of a single sided board, tracing it out really isn't too bad. But, it definitely takes time.

LaceSensor

Is there any utility in a high resolution scan then sizing and or formatting in a graphics software?

add4

LaceSensor, i'm working on pcb layouts for the brown source and big cheese .. if you can etch, i could send you the layout when/if it gets done. the big cheese is already done but i think i'll get rid of the PCB mounted pots and make a smaller layout around the rotary switch.
everything is unverified of course, and not as well laid out as bean's work :) but i'm getting better every day!

LaceSensor

Quote from: add4 on January 12, 2012, 12:42:02 AM
LaceSensor, i'm working on pcb layouts for the brown source and big cheese .. if you can etch, i could send you the layout when/if it gets done. the big cheese is already done but i think i'll get rid of the PCB mounted pots and make a smaller layout around the rotary switch.
everything is unverified of course, and not as well laid out as bean's work :) but i'm getting better every day!

I'll etch it, sure.
You do know there are small layouts for the brown and big cheese already? Not to say don't bother I'm excited to have more options, just that there already exists some...

For people on here I am psyched to say ill have a doppelgänger clone working soon with luck...