News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lovetone Pedals

Started by LaceSensor, December 17, 2011, 11:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

add4

I love to do them myself .. Eagle has become a kind of toy for me.
And i like the process of doing all of it from the schematic to the pedal, i find the process much more fun and complete.
i'll work on a tighter layout then then send it to you when/if it gets good.
the one i have at the moment has pcb mounted pots and switch and parts are a little too widely spaced to my taste :)

LaceSensor

From experience, its better to have board mounted rotary than pots.
Pots are easy to wire offboard. The Rotaries can be a bitch.

Your call though, either will be greatly appreciated by the community.

add4

i'm keeping the rotary switch, and throwing the pots off board :)
but i realized that home etched pcbs will be a problem for pcb mounted rotary switch : i'm supposed to solder the switch on the other side of the board, and i can't reach the pads to solder then ... or should i put the components facing up, toward the top of the box?

LaceSensor

components facing up seems to be the done thing, otherwise soldering the rotary on a single side board becomes impossible.

add4

i'm back to soldering it then :p ... when i'll receive my order with the missing caps :p
thanks for the advice

LaceSensor

oh no i didnt.....

ps ignore the fluff and mess.
I had to fix some traces with a pen, but im busy continuitiy checking and its all good.
Plus, for some reason when cleaning up with acetone its stained the board, but its just cosmetic.

LaceSensor

Can anyone help?
Please see here

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=3578.0

Most useful help leading to a working project I will etch a board for them :)

madbean

It's pretty common for the board to get stained when removing the toner with Acetone. After much much practice, I found the best way is to soak the paper towel (more than you need) and wipe as quickly as possible. You may still have a little staining, but if you hit the whole board with steel wool and then clean again with Acetone most all of it goes away.

Or, just use black pcb material :)

LaceSensor

Quote from: madbean on January 14, 2012, 02:42:22 PM
It's pretty common for the board to get stained when removing the toner with Acetone. After much much practice, I found the best way is to soak the paper towel (more than you need) and wipe as quickly as possible. You may still have a little staining, but if you hit the whole board with steel wool and then clean again with Acetone most all of it goes away.

Or, just use black pcb material :)

Cool thanks. Ima order some nice black pcb off this ABCFAB dude on ebay.

If you have any input on my dedugging thatd be awesome.

ottopit

Wow Lace,

Nice project, wish I had the expertise to help you but definately am pulling for you to get this one up and
running properly. Would love ( no pun intended) to add those tones to my arsenal!

LaceSensor

Hi

Im a bit lax on this, hopefully I will get the pics over to Scruffie tommroow (sorry Scruffie if you read this!)

When its debugged I will provide full info on the clone project.

cedarwood

Quote from: LaceSensor on December 17, 2011, 12:50:15 PM
I did a vero layout for the Big Cheese which is verified if you are interested?
Its a really nice Fuzz pedal.
Verified and fits in a 1590BB

What do I set the trim to on the build? I can't seem to find that anywhere?

alanp

Set the rotary to Cheese mode. The trim will control the splattery gating.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website