News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My First 1590A pedal !

Started by LaceSensor, December 17, 2011, 04:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

This was gonna be a Zombie Chorus, but I am just not satisfied with it and its never gonna go on my board.
However, I had already drilled the 1590a, so I thought...hmmm...what can I put in there?

I am big fan of the Zvex Woolly Mammoth, so I set about making a vero layout (modifed version of an existing one) which replaced 2 of the pots that I set and forget (Gate and Fuzz) and add an output cap switch like the Mastotron.

The result is this little bugger. Its gonna simply remain silver. It has a blue led, hence blue knobs.
It was almost like making my first ever pedal again, shoehorning everything into what seemed like too small a space. Fun!

LaceSensor

chromesphere

Nice work lace.  I cant imagine how much of a pain it was for you to fit all that in there.  Well done.
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

LaceSensor

Quote from: chromesphere on December 18, 2011, 11:42:15 AM
Nice work lace.  I cant imagine how much of a pain it was for you to fit all that in there.  Well done.

Yeah I coulda used more planning but it was fun. Tiny fuzz, big sound.

nzCdog

insomniac2295

I dig this! Like said before, tiny pedal, HUGE sound!

I've always wanted to build a bunch of 1590A effects...

dwstanford

What a fantastic little bastard!  The power to blow shit up all in the palm of your hand.  Well done, sir.  Well done.  And thanks for sharing your layout.  I have a few 1590a's around with nothing to do.

insomniac2295

LaceSensor

Not done a vero in ages so this was fun. Credit goes to Mark on FSB for his original layout. I just adapted in for the trim pots onboard.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Awesome! The vero layout I built recently can fit in a 1590a the regular way but not with add trimpots. If I can ever find a good source for 9mm pots I wanna make a 4 knobs WM in a 1590a!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals