News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aristocrat board with or without dip switches?

Started by kokohi5, August 07, 2010, 08:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kokohi5

I read the info page on the Aristocrat and I couldn't tell if the boards are now shipping with the dip switches included or not. If not, no biggee but if they are included then I wouldn't need to order parts from more than one place.

madbean

They used to come with free dip switches, but I ran out of that supply a while ago. The new version does not come with the switches.

kokohi5

jkokura

I got 4 of those Dip switches on ebay for a buck. I ordered some other parts (LED, resistor and cap kits) and shipping was free.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

kokohi5

Nice! Was it from an ebay store? If so, do you remember which one?

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

kokohi5

Thanks! I actually found them on ebay last night. For some reason, they have different prices for the same amount. I found a set of 4 for about $3.50 shipped. I'm trading the 2 extras to a buddy of mine for the 4580 op amps.

gtr2

Is 20% an acceptable tolerance range for capacitors in pedal building?  The above suppliers kits only have 20%, I usually use 10% but they are twice as much  :-\
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jkokura

You get what you pay for...

For what it's worth, it's not hard to test them to see what their actual value is. If you get some, test them before installing them, and label the ones you don't use. You might find that value is called for in another pedal and it's still useful.

If you get 100 and only 25 are usable, that's not worth the money, but you could argue that for every one that's within good range bast 50% is making you money.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals