News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NPN zombii

Started by Sam87, August 08, 2010, 10:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam87

Hi guys

I have obtained a load of ac127 Npn trainnies and have two Mached germanium npn trannies left I've from a previous build

Would I be right in saying that to use these trannies in a zombii circuit I would just need to wiring all positives to the negative and visaversa?

My previous build have all been pnp but would like to try and use up the npn I have lying around

Thanks in advance

madbean

The circuit is already negative ground, so you should not have to do anything. I would pop in a couple of regular bi-polars first to see what happens. Try some 2n3904's first.

Sam87

I know this is a noob question but how does a meg ground pedal work with pnp trannies

lbrooks

The Schematic calls for Germanium PNP Trans.  but if I'm not mistaken the 2n3904's are Silicon NPN.  Should I use the 2n3906, that looks to be PNP?

madbean

Quote from: Sam87 on August 13, 2010, 02:03:19 AM
I know this is a noob question but how does a meg ground pedal work with pnp trannies

PNP trannies can work with either negative or positive ground configurations. Negative ground schems can lead to oscillation and motorboating from the trannies, so these kinds of fuzzes are generally built positive ground.

madbean

Quote from: madbean on October 14, 2010, 08:25:00 AM
Quote from: Sam87 on August 13, 2010, 02:03:19 AM

PNP trannies can work with either negative or positive ground configurations. Negative ground schems can lead to oscillation and motorboating from the trannies, so these kinds of fuzzes are generally built positive ground.

Yep, exactly right. The 2n3906 is PNP---I was mistaken in saying 2n3904. I have my transistors socketed on this so I will try a couple of those and see what happens.