News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New DC Jacks :(

Started by 9Lives, January 09, 2012, 07:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9Lives

so I got these hoping to find an alternative to those giant plastic ones. These are metal with the long shaft and plastic washers. Usually when  I have to use the metal one I teflon the threads so it doesn't ground. Anywho. These... Semi work (for me) for somereason the 2.1mm boss style plugs are slightly off the size of the metal jacks. And if you move the pedal or bump it you have to adjust the plug. It's such a pain in the ass. Before, the teflon solved the prob but it didn't w these. Can anyone shed some light on what might be goin on?

jkokura

Can you post pics of what you mean Grant? Maybe seeing it will give me an idea of what you're saying.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

cjkbug

some jacks require long barrels on the cords plug. that's the casew with the new ones from sb. they are deeper than the plastic lobs we usually use.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

DutchMF

I recently bought some Lumberg 1614-09's from Banzai. Really small, plastic body (mounts with a metal nut, but that don't matter!), looks to be ideal: http://www.banzaimusic.com/Lumberg-PSU-1614-09.html

Don't know if you can get them outside of europe, but I think Banzai ships international...

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

9Lives

sorry jacob, I haven't figured out how to do the whole pic thing from a phone.. Yet. Once I do I will always put pics. But the other dude had it right. It's a new jack from small bear w/ long shaft and rubber washer. I didn't think about the long plugs..

LaceSensor

Quote from: DutchMF on January 10, 2012, 08:46:37 AM
I recently bought some Lumberg 1614-09's from Banzai. Really small, plastic body (mounts with a metal nut, but that don't matter!), looks to be ideal: http://www.banzaimusic.com/Lumberg-PSU-1614-09.html

Don't know if you can get them outside of europe, but I think Banzai ships international...

Paul

I use and recommend these where a battery isnt required.

9Lives

dude, is there anywhere I can order those in the states? Those look perfect. I don't wanna buy overseas if I don't have to.. For a dc jack atleast

Droogie

Sorry to dig up an old-ish thread, but I got some of these DC jacks and I want to make sure that I connect them properly as not to fry my freshly minted Collasallus. There is a longer terminal and a shorter terminal—I believe the longer term is + and shorter is ground. Can anyone confirm!

Thanks!
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

Stomptown

Quote from: DutchMF on January 10, 2012, 08:46:37 AM

Paul

After a bit of searching I was able to find those in the States! They are definitely the smallest ones I have found and my personal favorite (you cannot use a battery though). They are a bit expensive though. I was thinking this would be a group buy item, but even at 250 they are still almost $1 a piece. Maybe we could talk them down... Here is a link:

http://www.newark.com/lumberg/1614-09/dc-power-connector-socket-500ma/dp/13M3783?in_merch=Popular%20Products&in_merch=Popular%20Products&MER=PPSO_N_C_EverywhereElse_None

gtr2

I'd be in for at least 30 if you do a group buy  ;)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Stomptown

Quote from: Droogie on February 27, 2013, 11:29:48 AM
Sorry to dig up an old-ish thread, but I got some of these DC jacks and I want to make sure that I connect them properly as not to fry my freshly minted Collasallus. There is a longer terminal and a shorter terminal—I believe the longer term is + and shorter is ground. Can anyone confirm!

Thanks!

Yes, the short terminal is ground and the longer one is 9V+.

hammerheadmusicman

I had some of those lumbergs, or maybe just the same style. But the pin in the centre was very slightly thinner than normal. So they didn't connect too well, had to replace about 10 of them :( Let me know if those ones are good, and i'll get myself some!

GEORGE
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

pickdropper

Jameco also has their own version of the Lumbergs.

On the Lumberg data sheet, the center pin is listed as only 2.0 mm, which is odd since 2.1mm is the standard.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

G.G.

hammerheadmusicman

Quote from: pickdropper on February 27, 2013, 12:54:42 PM
Jameco also has their own version of the Lumbergs.

On the Lumberg data sheet, the center pin is listed as only 2.0 mm, which is odd since 2.1mm is the standard.

There we go, except i got all angry and smashed one to measure the pin, and it was less, pain in the ass!
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..