News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BT80!!! (Boob Tube @ 80V)

Started by nzCdog, January 12, 2012, 08:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

This has been a long time in the making, but boy oh boy... ;D ;D ;D

Overdrive Bliss!  Gotta do a demo or something, this thing sounds UNREAL!

Props to Juansolo and Marauder for this cool OD circuit, the 'Boobtube'. See the thread  here

Took a bit of research and time to design a single sided pcb for this one... this pedal is the prototype and so isn't using the final tweaked version of my pcb, it has a little more off board wiring than the final version that you can see here
Tube is an RCA Cleartop pulled from an old Conn Organ

Hard to see bu there's a little blue LED inside the tube socket... shows nicely in the dark

Handpainted by my darling wife in hazard stripes with some waterslide decals thrown on for good measure... my camera is lame, the thing is vibrant to behold in person.

sgmezei

Dude this is fantastic. I'm sure this looks epic under dim light. I must now get someone to etch me a board! I can't wait to hear a demo.

Great Job!

DuctTapeRiot

lloyd17

You guys are just never going to let me take a break from building stuff. One of these days I'll need to actually learn to play the guitar.

ckim715

-Charlie

nzCdog

Thanks guys! :)
Like I said, just had to record something!  It's just so dynamic and responsive, such a treat to play.
Here you go, high quality 9MB 2 minutes

Pretty plain playing, so hopefully you can hear the sound and texture of the tube clipping deliciously.  There's a bit of flicking between neck and bridge pickups,

Clean guitar at 0-15s and 51-58s. 
Everything else is overdrive on...
Rangemaster stacking into bt80 at 1:25

Build this.
;D ;D ;D

LaceSensor

Haven't listenened yet but that looks phenomenally well built. Congrats.

lloyd17

Just listened to the demo and wow holy bloom on those chords. Pretty sure this is going into that special queue that takes precedence over the next build batch.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Ettore_M

Corey, that's AWESOME! Nicely done! Now I want to make one, too.  ;D
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

jimmybjj

Pcbs no longer available

juansolo

Awesome. Good to see another out in the world  8)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

nzCdog

Thanks guys...  :D

Quote from: juansolo on January 13, 2012, 11:33:48 AM
Awesome. Good to see another out in the world  8)
May there be many more!  Thanks JS!  :)

bigmufffuzzwizz

Very impressive!! About to listen to the MP3, I've always wanted to do one of these...
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals