News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sunking gain pot

Started by Boom, August 15, 2010, 01:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boom

Hey guys,

I´m looking at my sunking diagram, but my brain isn´t functioning as it should anymore. This build my wife has been working on for the last 9 months, decided he was finished last monday (expect pictures soon, I still want to clearcoat him first..) so we had to rush to the hospital and sleep has been a luxury since then.....

Please help me understand which row of lugs on the gain pot  belongs to gain 1, and which to gain 2...

Thanks !

Haberdasher

Hey, alright!  I can't help with your question, but I'd like to offer my congratulations.  8)
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

wasteofspace

Quote from: Boom on August 15, 2010, 01:32:50 PM
Please help me understand which row of lugs on the gain pot  belongs to gain 1, and which to gain 2...

I might be missing the point of your question. Apologies if I'm not answering your question.

Turn the pot around so that the shaft is facing away from you, and the lugs are pointed down.

Lug one is the right lug, lug three is the left lug, and I guess you can work out for yourself which one is lug 2...  ;)

(Why describe it that way? Because when the pot is installed in the enclosure, that is what you will see.)
- dMac

Making his own pedals since 1998!

madbean

Congratulations on the new one!

And, it doesn't matter which row you use for GAIN1 and GAIN2 as long as you wire the lugs correctly.

Boom

Thanks guys !

I knew about the lug numbering, but I guess my brain really was mush yesterday. I kept thinking of the stereo pot as one pot....but thanks to your help, a couple of hours sleep, and about a gallon of coffee ; I see the light !

btw: Thanks for your kind words. His name is Aiden Ilja Alexander, born 09.August.2010 at 11:11hr. I hope he grows up like his big sister Alyssa (nearly 2 now) who rocks out to Hendrix, The White Stripes, and any good blues she hears !

gtr2

Congrats! Enough for a band now!  8)
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer