News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

egodriver and fatpants

Started by sam_c, December 23, 2011, 02:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam_c

I did a quick demo to show some friends how my first pedal builds sound.

Not the best audio (my camera likes to compress the audio too much) and I probably spent too much time talking but it gives a general idea!

mgwhit

jcuempire

They both sound great.  I haven't thought about that ego driver until hearing your demo.  I really like it.  Thanks

sam_c

no probem!  glad the demo was useful to someone.

Ive gigged with it a few times now, very happy with it. 

Im half way through a pair of wolfshirts, green beans and a pork barrel at the minute.  Also got some parts together for a valve caster.

slimtriggers

Hey was that a bit of Decadence Dance in there?   8)

Nice demo!

sam_c

yeah!  Im a bit of a Nuno nut...well, an N4 nut at least!   ;

Davefx

You use LEDS or just diodes? Thought you said diodes.. And the trannies were the 2n7000's I assume? Sounds fabulous! I have a green bean and an ego driver board I got from Brian recently... Can't wait!

sam_c

I used the 5mm clear LED's but I prefer the sound of the 2n7000 clipping. 

Ive just finished a Green Bean and I think overall i prefer the Egodriver.  Ther Green Bean sounds great with a slightly dirty amp but for playing live I like the OD from the egodriver better.

echidna

That Egodriver sounds fantastic. I just made one and it's by far my favourite pedal amongst a sea of pedals including Klon Centaur clone, Fulldrive, Tubescreamer. Interestingly, i put my clip swicth in exactly the same place as you did. I've never heard of LEDs being used for clipping but i love that tone. Do people ever put clipping LEDs on display?

jkokura

The Rat is a famous LED clipping pedal. Been out since the 80's.

Yes sometimes people do! I don't personally like doing that because I don't find the clipping diodes to be useful visually. I just use LED's for bypass, I don't need a light show. Just my opinion.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals