News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

More low end to Chunk Chunk

Started by jase, January 19, 2012, 09:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

C12

If you want to modify a circuit guys, you need to look at the schematic, not the pcb... pcb layouts are often misleading... You can experiment with C11 if you wish...  Cheers

jase

Thanks for the help, just finished the mod now and it works a treat!
The pedal has become my main source of distortion now, the extra bass leaves the pedals
clarity intact which is awesome.
Now on to the next project! ;D

nzCdog

Woohoo!  Congrats Jase ;D
BRING TEH BROOTZ 8)

soonerrob

hey guys, I just wanna add my .02 to this.

I just finished my chunk chunk, and with the stock build I felt that I also wanted a bit more low end. I noticed that when engaged, my build seemed to really strip out alot of lows that had to be put back in with the amp because my bass pot didnt give me quite enough... I also noticed that my treble knob seemed to get aggressively bright once past 3 oclock... I have my fets biased more towards 5v rather than 4.5 because it seems to tighten up my sound a bit and does away with a bit of fizz... probably also could be making it a bit thinner also which could be contributing to my low end issue.

anyway...

I saw this thread and decided to socket my C12... i replaced the stock value with a 47n. and it really made a nice difference...

I now have a full range of lows which adds all the versatility that i want..

However, this swap also made my treble knob become usuable all the way to max with no harsh unusable sound... i dont know if this is even possible from the swap or its just my mind tricking me.. but my treble is much more usable now all the way around.

very very happy with this build and the small edit.  killer pedal.  

thank you.

nzCdog

Hi soonerrob, thanks for the feedback.  :) Im going to have to build another one of these now so I can try out the mod... its a great sounding distortion!

jase

Does this mod still connect to C12 on the new 2012 boards?

Vallhagen

Quote from: jase on June 05, 2012, 01:24:17 AM
Does this mod still connect to C12 on the new 2012 boards?

Good you put up the question, becos, NO, it does NOT seem so. The "old" C12 is now C17 (just had a quick look).

So... check your schematics before you follow the advices in this thread!

Cheers
Bengt
...building on the "old" board as i type.
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

r4ndy

Thanks for the info, socketed C17 on the Chunk Chunk and liking 47n much better than 22n

andregarcia57

hello okay?
I changed to c12 47n seems to be a great bass, I lost more middle scoop,
I changed (C4) 6.8n to 4.7n, even more mid scoop looks bad
what can I do?

garfo

perhaps put the 6.8n cap back in and if the scoop is too high perhaps raise the C12/17 cap from 47 to 68, 82 or even 100n.

asmiroth

Do i change the 220n c12 to 47n or 470n? Thanks!