News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Show us your guitar!

Started by ckim715, January 26, 2012, 03:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

I like the one in the middle... very nice 8)

jtn191

I like the silvertone--the pickguard/pickups almost make it look like a toy but the neck is all mojo

kinski

Ha, yeah, the Thin Twin is a funky guitar. But they sound awesome. Those pickups are great and low-output.

Here is T-Bone playing one in another finish:

saxoftenest

Here's my #1:

It's a partsmaster - neck and body from Warmoth ('59 roundback contour, vintage tint lacquer, 9.5" radius), AVRI hardware, and Lollar Jazzmaster-shaped P90s. Right now, it has graph tech Mustang saddles, but the Jazzy saddles are probably going back in. It plays like a dream and brings the rawk.

I recently pulled the rhythm circuit out, with plans of tossing an effect in there (SHO, perhaps?).

raulduke

Quote from: kinski on January 30, 2012, 11:54:05 AM

Left to right:

Warmoth Korina Strat
Rick Kelly Bowery Pine Tele
Gibson 60's Tribute Les Paul (added Bigsby)
Supro Dual Tone (early 50's)
Silvertone (Kay) Thin Twin (early 50's)

Thats a quality selection there Kinski.

This is the lastest pics my Tele that is being made for me at the moment by Eternal Guitars Uk.

The neck is beautifull; a soft V at the nut going to a C shape. Its not a trad tele neck shape but I like it!

It just needs a slight bit more ageing and it will be ready. I asked for really subtle ageing as I can heavy relic it myself; this one is going to be a keeper for life hopefully.

add4

Quote from: crash on January 26, 2012, 07:06:03 PM
All Koa body, Wenge neck, Ebony fingerboard, Lace sensor pups

Padauk body with Limba "stripes"  Padauk neck, Bare Knuckle Piledriver pickups, Tru oil finish

warmoth?
i always wondered about the quality of these warmoth guitars. one of my students ordered one and we're going to build it together ... can't wait.

Work in progress:
Zebrawood body, Goncalo alves neck, pau ferro body, BL microcoil pickups, working on a Tru oil finish

More works in progress:

Bought this new in 94, Ibanez Voyager, stripping the black finish and going to finish with Tru oil.

timbo_93631

I deleted my original post because I have made some changes to my Tele, here is the description from before:
"I'm a little late to the party.  Behold the "Twangmaster":
I bought this '00 Squire Standard Telecaster just after Christmas with a Guitar Center gift card from my wife's folks.  I bought it for $199 from GC.com with an uneasy rumble in my tummy, first pic is from the used gear ad online.  Since then I have gone the double stealth Esquire route with two hidden pickups under the Bakelite pickguard.  There is the standard 3 way tele switch that has neck, neck+bridge, and bridge combinations, but the neck pickup is, for now, the original bridge pickup with the polarity reversed.  I routed for a mini-humbucker that is on it's way in a week or so.  The middle pickup is the stock neck without the metal cover in a cavity I routed as close to the bridge as possible.  With the mini toggle you can select bridge+middle in series and out of phase or just bridge.  Bridge pickup is a $20 Squire Alnico 5 Classic Vibe Custom job.  Good to go for twang, or humbucker roar in the series position.  I leveled, dressed, and polished the frets, sanded the back of the neck and the body until things were smooth and the poly on the body is about half as thick now.  The routing made it a tad lighter and it is a little more resonant now.  The increased resonance is more likely  because there was a ton of poly in the neck pocket that I sanded out flat.  Knobs are coarse knurled, switch tip is strat, couldn't ever get used to tele tips.  Oak switch, Alpha and CTS pots, and electrosocket jack cup are a great improvement over the Indonesian stuff.  I have about $325  into it now.  Still saving for a Glendale or Callaham bridge.  I love this stinking guitar."

I couldn't get a good enough sound with the pickups under the pickgaurd, the downfall of many stealth esquires.  I cut my bakelite pickguard carefully on the drill press using a straight milling cutter and then a tiny sanding block to get things square and straight.  Neck pickup is an Artec Mini Filtertron, a nice pickup, I think it's absolutely the same pickup as a GFS Nashville Minitron, but half the price.  It is 4 conductor too so you could split it if you wanted to, but I left it be.  I ditched the middle pickup that was stealth too, just running a series parallel switch between the neck and the bridge pickup.  I am still working on getting a Glendale Am Std double cut raw deal bridge, and I think I am going to use Rutter's saddles.  If any of you have an opinion on Glendale vs. Rutters vs. Callaham please chime in.  None of that stuff is cheap, especially if i went all Glendale and got a fat neckplate and string ferrules I'd have $200 of hardware on a $200 guitar.  I guess it is approaching hot-rod status in that respect. (More money in an engine than in the rest of the car)  I still love this stinking guitar.  Good peice of Kauri, this one.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

pryde

Here is my favorite girl. Custom P90 Tele with Honduran Mohagany body (quatersawn), Warmoth neck, Gibson P90 pickups wich I modded to be hum-cancelling in the middle position.

I finished the body in Tru-oil which turned really nice. Only gripe is that it is a little soft and will ding up easily. Basically she is a tele with an SG soul. Absolutely killer tone.

rjkanejr

Here are a few of mine. 

The first is my "Go To"; a 1994 MIM I picked up on CL.  A gold hardware "Deluxe" model with gold hardware.  I am not sure what the bridge pickup is, I think an early Seymour Duncan hotrail, the mid and neck position are Texas Specials.  Sure sounds great.  I love the tone this thing has and the pearloid pickguard with gold hardware. 

The second is an ESP LTD EC-256.  Les Paul tone but without the thickness and weight.  It is relic'd so she looks aged and well played.  All Mahogony body, neck through.  Each of the pickups can be tapped to single coil by pulling out the tone knob.  Gives this a nice variety of tonal character.

juansolo

Last work in progress pic I've had back from the one I'm having built... Sweeeeeet:

Is it a Strat or is it a Tele? Answer, it's going to be a Stratele!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Bret608

Quote from: kinski on January 30, 2012, 11:54:05 AM

Left to right:

Warmoth Korina Strat
Rick Kelly Bowery Pine Tele
Gibson 60's Tribute Les Paul (added Bigsby)
Supro Dual Tone (early 50's)
Silvertone (Kay) Thin Twin (early 50's)

Wow, a Rick Kelly...he sells these through Carmine St. Guitars, right? Robert Quine (Lou Reed, Richard Hell/Voidoids, one of my favorites) specifically mentions the Rick Kelly Telecasters in one of his last interviews before he died.

greyscales

Quote from: juansolo on February 17, 2012, 10:25:05 AM
Last work in progress pic I've had back from the one I'm having built... Sweeeeeet:

That actually looks a bit like an Ovation Viper.

juansolo

Quote from: greyscales on February 17, 2012, 12:02:44 PM

That actually looks a bit like an Ovation Viper.

It's gonna be interesting/different that's for sure. Really looking forward to getting my hands on it.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

sam_c

HA!   Id recognise Wez's worktop anywhere  ;D

crash

Quote from: add4 on February 03, 2012, 10:09:54 PM
warmoth?
i always wondered about the quality of these warmoth guitars. one of my students ordered one and we're going to build it together ... can't wait.

The following are from Warmoth:
Koa body
Wenge/Ebony neck
Padauk neck
Goncalo Alves/Pau Ferro neck

I am just finishing putting this together (also from Warmoth):

Clone of Gilmour's black strat

Warmoth quality is top notch.  You can't go wrong.