News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

How is babby formed?

Started by madbean, February 13, 2012, 11:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Om_Audio

"Tigerlilly - Some kind of thing that does something" ---> has my name written all over it.
;D
Clifford
Sent via soup cans and string.

mattc

I'm thinking that a distortion, delay, chorus and flange in one "grab and go" box would be a perfect use for these baby boards  ;D

jcuempire

I have never attempted a 1590A build.  It frankly scares the bejesus out of me.  Live where you fear to live, right?  It might be fun.  The smoothie and the pork rind sound interesting.  And the tigerlilly of course.  I need some kind of thing that does something.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Wonderful!!! The documentations are getting even more packed with info!! This is exciting news!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jkokura

Building in 1590As, with a little patience, is quite easy actually. I recommend you buy two enclosures, one painted if you get them that way, and one not. Use the one that isn't as your practice one and learn about the tolerances you have in drilling. Then make your masterpiece.

The only problem I have with 1590A circuits is that I can't/dont use them. The enclosures are too small for me to really feasibly use in a pedalboard! I find that once you add the width of the jacks coming out the sides, you're not too far from a 125B then, and because I do top mounted jacks on those, I'm getting about the same square footage with more room for controls and things like Batteries if I need them.

That said, it's just me like that. MANY people love and use 1590A pedals, I just don't. 1590A's are really handy for things like tap tempo boxes, buffers, and splitters.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jcuempire

Quote from: jkokura on February 14, 2012, 08:19:32 AM
That said, it's just me like that. MANY people love and use 1590A pedals, I just don't. 1590A's are really handy for things like tap tempo boxes, buffers, and splitters.

So I could, conceivably, use my favorite 125B and not be subject to public derision (or varying degrees of it) because I really don't need the real estate savings.  I only use a couple of effects at a time - I do better with fewer choices. 

Thanks, Jacob

madbean

Part of the idea here is not just 1590As (as Jacob points out they aren't for everyone) but also the ability to build a little custom multifx box. You could throw three in a 1590BB for an easy grab and go jam, or whatever. But yeah, use em to whatever suits your needs best, I say!

saxoftenest

Quote from: madbean on February 14, 2012, 08:41:48 AMthe ability to build a little custom multifx box. You could throw three in a 1590BB for an easy grab and go jam, or whatever.

^This is what I'm really stoked for.

jkokura

Quote from: madbean on February 14, 2012, 08:41:48 AM
Part of the idea here is not just 1590As (as Jacob points out they aren't for everyone) but also the ability to build a little custom multifx box. You could throw three in a 1590BB for an easy grab and go jam, or whatever. But yeah, use em to whatever suits your needs best, I say!

I can see three of four of these in a box being really cool actually.

Another think you could do with all these little guys is to build a massive multi effects box too, especially if you had a friend who could make you a custom enclosure. Something like those old school Cornish boards.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jcuempire

Quote from: madbean on February 14, 2012, 08:41:48 AM
You could throw three in a 1590BB for an easy grab and go jam, or whatever. But yeah, use em to whatever suits your needs best, I say!

Ah, yea, I see that.  That's a cool idea.  It's just crazy enough to work.  Thanks

bigmufffuzzwizz

A multifx box would be rad especially considering these are gonna sound soo good on their own. Fuzz->Phaser->Delay or Fuzz->Octave->Vibe or Boost->Compressor->Envelope Filter...Oh man this is gonna be great...

I've been using the flat pancake jacks from Tayda, and they really save a lot of space. I'm able to have pedals so close together now, something that was frustrating me before. With those and side mounted jacks I would think you could fit 8 of these on a small pedal board, but why not do a few 1590bb boxes right?  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jolly1423

Makes me think of Pokemon. 'Gotta catch 'em all!'

Om_Audio

Anyone have schem or post that explains how you would add switches or such to rearrange the order of the effects in a multi-fx setup with small boards like these?
C
Sent via soup cans and string.

madbean

Quote from: Om_Audio on February 14, 2012, 12:33:51 PM
Anyone have schem or post that explains how you would add switches or such to rearrange the order of the effects in a multi-fx setup with small boards like these?
C

There are a bunch of switching schemes like this out there. Check geofex and DIYSB.

Another idea that got kicked around a while back was coming up with a scheme to do all the I/O and power stuff via a DIN type connecter. So, you could have a an X-stage true bypass looper and each one has a single cable out that does all the I/O stuff. You could easily re-arrange the order of pedals physically or come up with a switching scheme based around that. You would basically "phantom power" each pedal by keeping the DC supply in the looper, too, so rather than sending lots of little DC wires out you have only one power connection to the main hub.

Myramyd

Quote from: madbean on February 14, 2012, 12:58:31 PM

There are a bunch of switching schemes like this out there. Check geofex and DIYSB.

Another idea that got kicked around a while back was coming up with a scheme to do all the I/O and power stuff via a DIN type connecter. So, you could have a an X-stage true bypass looper and each one has a single cable out that does all the I/O stuff. You could easily re-arrange the order of pedals physically or come up with a switching scheme based around that. You would basically "phantom power" each pedal by keeping the DC supply in the looper, too, so rather than sending lots of little DC wires out you have only one power connection to the main hub.

^ This sounds like a genius idea. What about noise? Any risk of that with the mix of power and signal in the same cable?

J