News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

How is babby formed?

Started by madbean, February 13, 2012, 11:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Om_Audio

Ya Brian sounds like a good idea. I know w audio cable they say to try and cross them (on stage etc.) at 90 degrees if they have to cross- maybe in such smaller scale it is not an issue.
C
Sent via soup cans and string.

djaaz

Quote from: madbean on February 14, 2012, 08:41:48 AM
Part of the idea here is not just 1590As (as Jacob points out they aren't for everyone) but also the ability to build a little custom multifx box. You could throw three in a 1590BB for an easy grab and go jam, or whatever. But yeah, use em to whatever suits your needs best, I say!

Yes, that's what is the most interesting about them size.
I was thinking of using a single footswitches but use somehow "switched" pots just like in the good old day.

In that spirit, it could be easy to add some "buit'in" modulation to a standard sized pedal. For instance add a chorus to the lowrider.

azrael

i am excite for the new stuff.

DutchMF

Quote from: djaaz on February 14, 2012, 01:49:26 PM

In that spirit, it could be easy to add some "buit'in" modulation to a standard sized pedal. For instance add a chorus to the lowrider.

Now that is freakin' good idea! I was still wondering if I could get my clumsy hands and size 12 feet around those Baby Boards, but fitting them in a large enclosure with an extra footswitch might work. I could also use standard size components (1/4 watt resistors & normal caps) which I have already....... Options, options!
To much fun ideas and to little time/funds, damn!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

aziltz

will any of these baby boards have board mount pots?

madbean

djaaz

Quote from: DutchMF on February 15, 2012, 09:37:48 AM
[ but fitting them in a large enclosure with an extra footswitch might work. I could also use standard size components (1/4 watt resistors & normal caps) which I have already....... Options, options!
To much fun ideas and to little time/funds, damn!

Paul

I was thinking about something like a push/push pot:

http://www2.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Lorlin/MDSP5832/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMvmogu7fABzFuadJy78X803

or like this:

lloyd17

wonder if I can cram a fuzz face, p45 and urchin into a landscape 1590bb. definitely going to try!

gtr2

I've got a 1590DD set aside for a multi fx grab and go  ;)

I'm with Jacob on the pedalboard usability.  I like stuffing things into a 1590A because it's a fun challenge but I find the enclosure harder to step on because it's not as stable because of the lack of Velco surface area.  But...it would be fun to have an all mini board anyways.  Especially with the new mini polytuner TC electronic came out with.  That would look so cool.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

madbean

lloyd - yes, I think that would fit.

Josh- I will be writing a general build guide specifically for the baby boards that shows exactly what hardware to use and how to lay it out in the 1590A for the easiest assembly. With a drill template and following the guide, I think it will make them as easy to build as any other type of enclosure (so I says).

gtr2

That's cool.  That will be really helpful with the "tight squeeze"!

I just have a hard time stepping on those little guys.  ;D
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

madbean

Quote from: gtr2 on February 16, 2012, 06:22:31 AM
That's cool.  That will be really helpful with the "tight squeeze"!

I just have a hard time stepping on those little guys.  ;D

Next project: Stompie 2000: The Pedal Stomping Robot Assistant.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jtn191

Quote from: madbean on February 16, 2012, 05:18:39 AMI will be writing a general build guide specifically for the baby boards that shows exactly what hardware to use and how to lay it out in the 1590A for the easiest assembly. With a drill template and following the guide, I think it will make them as easy to build as any other type of enclosure (so I says).

that's really cool. sometime's even in a 1590B I have poor planing and barely scrape past a DC jack. And 1590as are so much riskier

Willybomb

For me the enclosure size is about ergonomics - I don't want to be standing on multiple footswitches or hitting knobs when trying to turn a pedal on/off.  Even if I try these baby boards, I'd probably be putting it in a 1590B or something similar as a minimum.  Even the Crankosaurus I have to finish is going in a BB.

After all that though, a multi sounds like a lot of fun.