News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

How is babby formed?

Started by madbean, February 13, 2012, 11:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BRGPollen

I'm thinking up an idea that would have the 1590a's with no footswitch (ie always on) and a nice massive true bypass loop switcher.  I'm thinking it will still be pretty small and have ultimate rerouteing flexibility.  One drawback is that I would still be turning on each effect at a time instead of combinations. Believe me, I would love to have one of the GIG RIG boards to do all of the switching.  Money being what it is though, it's a little cost prohibitive.  I did see a switcher schem and doc at GGG using 8 sends and returns corresponding to dip switches and relays.  That's WAAAAAY over my head for now though!

I'm still excited as hell though for these wee ones!!

"B"
The Musician's Theory of Relativity . . . . . E=Fb

cjkbug

Quote from: BRGPollen on February 17, 2012, 12:29:11 AM
     I'm thinking up an idea that would have the 1590a's with no footswitch (ie always on) and a nice massive true bypass loop switcher.  I'm thinking it will still be pretty small and have ultimate rerouteing flexibility.  One drawback is that I would still be turning on each effect at a time instead of combinations. Believe me, I would love to have one of the GIG RIG boards to do all of the switching.  Money being what it is though, it's a little cost prohibitive.  I did see a switcher schem and doc at GGG using 8 sends and returns corresponding to dip switches and relays.  That's WAAAAAY over my head for now though!

"B"
check this out. it's a much cheaper alternative.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/220882453245?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_3880wt_1054
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

BRGPollen

CJKbug,
     WOW!!!  Totally not on my radar until today.  It smells too good to be true.  Cheaper than even the Carl Martin octo switch!!   Midi would make it awesome though (as I dream of buying my Strymon Timeline)!  I'm definitely hanging on to this when Brian releases all of the baby boards!!

"B"
The Musician's Theory of Relativity . . . . . E=Fb

neiloler

I'd love some of these little baby builds and one of these guys controlling it all:

http://moenfx.com/gec9.html
OLERAudio - Sole proprietor, engineer, and goofball

ToasterMe

Am I the only person tempted to throw a mini-delay board into a Current Lover to have the option of Thru-Zero Flanging?

Scruffie

Quote from: ToasterMe on February 24, 2012, 10:26:52 AM
Am I the only person tempted to throw a mini-delay board into a Current Lover to have the option of Thru-Zero Flanging?
If you mean one of these PT2399 baby boards it wont work, the TZF line needs to be incredibly short, at max 10mS probably 1mS or less would be better and a PT2399 will only get as short as around 30-50ms at best.
Works at Lectric-FX

culturejam

I still wanna know who "babby" is.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

thetrend77

madbean

culturejam

Awesome!

I figured it wasn't just a speeeeellling mistake.  ;D

madbean

Haberdasher

haha I was wondering what the babby thing was.  that was hilarious, especially how the 2nd caveman pushed the other out of the way to go off on his tangent.  I'll be thinking about that all day now.

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

culturejam

Aww man. I'm cracking up listening to that.  ;D

claytushaywood

Quote from: cjkbug on February 18, 2012, 01:45:44 AM
Quote from: BRGPollen on February 17, 2012, 12:29:11 AM

"B"
check this out. it's a much cheaper alternative.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/220882453245?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_3880wt_1054

Do you own that loop switcher?  the page is, how do you say, poorly marketed... ha you think if you could build this thing and sell it for $170 youd be smart enough to scan the printed instruction manual straight (why scan who knows) or use black and white instead of green on yellow... that worries me

pietro_moog

a 1590a noise reduction pedal would be nice