News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Board mounted pots made easy.......

Started by DutchMF, February 18, 2012, 02:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMF

While I was building my Banana Split dual overdrive (see the build-report here: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=3902.0 ) I was thinking of a way to make mounting the pots to a board easier and came up with this:

I just cut it from some cardboard after drawing it in AutoCad, here is how it works:

And this is the result, very tidy!

This works so well, I think I'm gonna try to get it cut out of sheet metal for durability! Whem I'mat work monday I'll convert the drawing I made to PDF and post it here.

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Sigesmundninja

Thats a great idea! I use a piece of plastic I've drilled for a bunch of diffirent build but this one is much more flexible I can tell!

DutchMF

Im also thinking about making 3 without the "arms of the cross", and connect them with wingnuts in an adjustable "H"-shape, for projects like the Current Lover.

Paul

Om_Audio

Sent via soup cans and string.

Bret608

This is a fantastic idea! I wonder if it would be possible to adapt this idea for use with the etched Cosmopolitan board I got from Haberdasher. I've been thinking of getting a "third hand" but wonder if something like this may do the trick as well.

raulduke

Top idea my man!

I love making jigs. Anything to make life easier eh  :)!

DutchMF

Sorry, forgot all about the pdf i promised to post..... To busy at work I guess. Will do it though!

Paul

snz728

Very clever, I like the genius that internet tribes inspire

DutchMF

Quote from: Bret608 on February 21, 2012, 01:36:11 PM
I wonder if it would be possible to adapt this idea for use with the etched Cosmopolitan board I got from Haberdasher.

I think it should work, just make it shaped like this:

|__|__|
|        |

Paul

claytushaywood

Very cool!!!

rather than make a new topic I thought I'd check this out here.  Does anyone know if you can use the 9mm vertical pc mount alpha pots on the madbean boards that are not made for pc pots?

they look like it could work!  It would be sweet for getting some of the boards into smaller boxes I'd imagine as well as no wiring!

here's a link

http://www.banzaimusic.com/Alpha-9mm-5k-lin.html