News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

More Pulsar DecalPro Fun (vibe pedal)

Started by Fastocker, March 17, 2012, 06:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fastocker

For any of you with the Pulsar DecalPro graphics system -- I had my second attempt at using the kit and it was a complete failure as the graphic just wouldn't bond to the clear carrier.  Completely frustrated, I finally called Frank, the owner of Pulsar and he had some great tips that helped me get everything straightened out. 

First and foremost, if you're using the GBC H-220 laminator you have to do the gear swap mod -- that involves swapping the motor and roller gears inside the unit.  This makes the roller turn much slower which lets the graphic heat up more.  This mod made all the difference in the world.  Frank also told me to pay attention to the curl of the paper and to feed the graphic into the laminator (and the water) with the curl, not against it.

Frank at Pulsar understood my frustration and even sent me some more foils and supplies at no charge -- great guy and great customer service.  Really digging the DecalPro stuff now that I'm getting comfortable with using it -- might try some multicolored stuff in the near future.

As most know, it's not easy to get white graphics on a dark background.  I was finishing up my Neovibe build (sorry, not a Madbean project here) and decided to do the graphics in white lettering on a purple case.  Not an original design by any means, just a tongue-in-cheek homage to a unobtanium boutique vibe pedal (I actually own one and it sounds great!).

Anyway, here's my Neovibe build, the GigaVibe.  Sounds great, right in the ball park with my MegaVibe.  Graphics turned out pretty nice with just a few tiny flaws that aren't really noticable.

Owner of Unique-Vibe, LLC
www.facebook.com/uniquevibe

redbean

That looks fantastic!! I wish I could make graphics like that.  ;)
es là-bas!!

jimmybjj

Super nice! Square holes gets extra credit :) How did you do it? Drill and file?
Pcbs no longer available

nzCdog

Wow! A really nice looking build, congrats on the graphic work and finishing... super!

juansolo

Insanely neat and professional!

Most impressive  :o
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Mich P

Sigesmundninja

that is just stunning!!! really, really like those rocker-switches!

raulduke

beautifull build mate.

The decal look brilliant; definitley worth the effort.

DutchMF

That's got "professional" written all over it!  :o totally amazing!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Fastocker

Quote from: jimmybjj on March 17, 2012, 08:20:51 PM
Super nice! Square holes gets extra credit :) How did you do it? Drill and file?

Thanks, guys.  The square holes are a PITA for sure.  For the switches, the holes had to be 1/2" x 3/4" (or something close, can't remember) so I used a 1/2" drill bit and did sort of a 'Figure 8', then used a couple of small files to shape the corners square.  The small impedance switch was the toughest since I had to use a really tiny file on that one.

Owner of Unique-Vibe, LLC
www.facebook.com/uniquevibe

tagwap

As everyone has already said, that looks absolutely awesome!