News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

03.18 - PreOrders are available

Started by madbean, March 18, 2012, 03:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramengo

hi madbean... sorry for the stupid questions...can i  insert the switch in the rat for change the clipping mode?

i will buy this http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/Runt/Runt.pdf

and olso...if i don't do in this layout, can i remove the pot sweep of this progect?

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/SlowLoris/docs/SlowLoris.pdf

madbean

Ramengo,

You can do the diodes switching on the Runt, but you are not going to be able to fit it all in a 1590A enclosure, I'm afraid. You can remove the sweep pot on the Slow Loris by jumpering pads 1 and 2 for the Sweep pot on the PCB.

---------------------------------------

All the documentation for the new projects is now available, except for the Collosalus. I have added dimensions for the Baby Boards PCBs in each document, and I have also made notes in the Slow Loris doc repeating this: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=4362.0

To do: The Collosalus will take a bit of time to document, but I am attaching both the schematic and BOM to this post for anyone who wants to get their parts together. Also, I will be typing up the ordering guide for the Baby Board today and tomorrow, so I will let everyone know once that is online.

NOTE_ There is a 500k trimpot missing for the BOM. That is for the Clock (it's in the schematic).

marmaliser

Quote from: madbean on March 28, 2012, 06:21:14 AM
All the documentation for the new projects is now available, except for the Collosalus. I have added dimensions for the Baby Boards PCBs in each document,
Thanks Bean:)

DutchMF

Thanks for posting the Collosalus BOM, Brian, that's just what I needed! I'm gonna get my parts-order sorted out and order some more boards when that's done. Damn, never thought doing this would be so addictive...... I love it!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

madbean

For the Collosalus, I found 47pF worked best with the clock (most likely because of the clock buffer), but I do suggest having a 33pF and 22pF handy just in case.

DutchMF

I'll keep in mind to socket that capacitor! There's no dual IC layout (as in the porkbarrel and currentlover) for this one?

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

madbean

Quote from: DutchMF on March 28, 2012, 11:08:29 AM
I'll keep in mind to socket that capacitor! There's no dual IC layout (as in the porkbarrel and currentlover) for this one?

Paul

No, this is MN3007 only.

madbean

gtr2

mmm tasty!

I'm diggin the metal can IC as well!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

night-B

May I ask where have you found these cool jacks (in out and also DC)? I've never seen some like these before...

nzCdog

Ah... so cool! Very impressive enclosure-packing... squeezed so much in there ;)

pryde

Just gorgeous  :o

I cant wait till the baby overdrive comes out (outlander). Any teaser info on what this pedal will consist of?

Haberdasher

collosalus going into a 1590bb or can it fit in 125?
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

madbean

night-B  - I'll have info on the parts and hardware used for the build  in this doc I'm working on (actually the build tutorial portion is done---just gotta get the links for the parts in there).

pryde  - The Outlander is going to be a sort-of combination of an OCD and Zen Drive, I think. I have high hopes for it but I haven't even breadboarded it yet  :P

Haberdasher  - The Collosalus requires a 1590BB.

thetrend77

Does the Runt use board mounted 9mm pots? Actually, do all the baby boards use them?