News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PCB Etch Tutorial Video

Started by chromesphere, January 04, 2012, 09:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Hi all,
Not a pedal demo as such, but pedal related.  I've just finished uploading this tutorial video.  It details the steps i take when i etch PCB's.  It's a straighforward process, and if you arent etching and want to see how its done, you should check it out.
Thanks and i hope you like the video.
Paul

http://youtu.be/DBq1QKY5beQ
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

nzCdog

chromesphere

Thanks nzCdog!

I've uploaded part 2 (of 2) of the etching tutorial videos.  It has some information on how to drill / test / clean the board.  Probably not as informative as the first video, but thought it might be useful to people who are new to all this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcM6Ll7Og30&list=UUGhzS1GbX-yxyBrUJtnUMoA&index=1&feature=plcp

Paul

snz728

Thanks for sharing your knowledge

chromesphere

Thanks for the compliment snz!  hope you find the information usefull.
Paul

grendizer

Thanks for posting! Finally i know how to use ammonium persulfate. I've always asked myself why it was soo slow in etching :)
Besides, my transfer procedure with magazine paper and iron really sucked! So i decided to build a bromograph, using the lamps of a mosquito killer :D. Your tutorial is really good! It teached me a lot of little but important tips! Thank you again! :)

chromesphere

Np Grenidizer! Glad you liked it and let me be the first to welcome you to the forum ;-)

Paul

redbean

es là-bas!!

bigmufffuzzwizz

Great tutorial! I've attempted to use magazine paper before and now realize the reason it didn't work was I tried to run it through by itself. Next time I'll try attaching it to a regular piece of paper and give it a try. The PNP is easier with some steps but I'd rather save the $$ and this method seems to work really well.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

chromesphere

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on May 08, 2012, 04:29:33 PM
Great tutorial! I've attempted to use magazine paper before and now realize the reason it didn't work was I tried to run it through by itself. Next time I'll try attaching it to a regular piece of paper and give it a try. The PNP is easier with some steps but I'd rather save the $$ and this method seems to work really well.

Cheers man!

I've been doing this method for probably close to 5 years now and i always get surprisingly good results!  Probably couldnt use it for fine / high res layouts, maybe smd, but i've never had any normal guitar pedal layouts stuff up on me (so far).   you can also fix up small errors with a permanent marker, doesnt happen very often but the options there.  

That was the first problem i had.  I was putting the mag paper through the printer on its own and the printer rollers just kept crushing it up.  A piece of copy paper on the back fixs that!

Like a say to my wife, the "womens weekly" is my favourite magazine :D

Good luck!
Paul