News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Jameco Pot grab bag?

Started by 9Lives, April 03, 2012, 07:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9Lives

I'm looking for a somewhat bulk order of pots just to have something to put in these builds. Maybe temp maybe not. I've managed to build a stock of all other parts except pots. I just can't seem to get a good enough stock on all values. I saw this grab bag for like 30$ but it's 1/5W - 3/4 watt linear, single and multi turn pots. It's like 300 pcs. Seems like a good idea just to have values for experimenting with until orders come in for the alphas. Question is can I use these different W pots? What is a multi turn? ( turns more than one turn?)  I'm assuming the normal pots we use are 1/4w? Thanks

culturejam

You'll probably end up with a bunch of useless crap (huge pots or shafts that don't fit any of the standard knobs, etc). But for $30, it's not a huge gamble.

The "standard" pots we normally use in effects are 200mw (1/5-watt).

Multi-turn means that instead of having the resistance sweep range spread over one turn of the wiper, it's spread out over multiple turns. 10-turn is common. Multi-turn trimmers are great for dialing in the bias on BBDs by ear.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

9Lives

ya I just ended up using tayda and order a sht load of everything. Most were like 50cent a pop.