mod board fine tuning

mod depth fine tuning
1 (100%)
mod speed fine tuning
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

gitaar0

HI,

I have trouble getting the mod board to work right.

I have posted this question on FSB as well but it seems nobody has any solution for this. There are some other posters that have the same experience. I hear no reaction of anyone that installed it with succes and how they did it.

The modulation board works. I can get deep modulation and a high speed if I want but at certain settings (towards the extreme) the delay suddenly cuts out. Then I have to move either the delay time knob or the modulation board to get it working again. Even if I bring the clock time down (which was suggested before to be able to use the extremes of the modulation) I have this same thing happening. I already added extra resistance (a 50k trimpot) after the modulation depth pot to control the modulation depth but that does not solve this cutting out.
Later I changed the LDR. Now I can use the full range without the delay cutting out on changing the delaytime or the mod depth, but on the mod depth lowest setting I still have modulation.

You can cut out the modulation by turnning up the modulation speed all the way as at that last bit the speed is so high that it cuts out (in a way this means tht the range of the speed is not good as well). In a way it seems as if it is not well adjusted. Both the depth and the speed of the mod board.

Question: I would like to be able to go from zero to full with the mod depth pot. How can I do that?
I would like the mod speed to reach its max at the max of that pot instead of cutting out. How can I do that?

Thanks, Marc

madbean

Marc,

To keep the full range of the mod speed, you can put a resistor across lugs 3&2 of the rate pot. Since the pot is 100k, something small will work...maybe 2k2 or even 1k. I believe this will solve the problem. When the pot is turned all the way up, there will still be some resistance across the lugs, which I believe will keep it from cutting out.

gitaar0

Quote from: madbean on September 21, 2010, 04:21:01 AM
Marc,

To keep the full range of the mod speed, you can put a resistor across lugs 3&2 of the rate pot. Since the pot is 100k, something small will work...maybe 2k2 or even 1k. I believe this will solve the problem. When the pot is turned all the way up, there will still be some resistance across the lugs, which I believe will keep it from cutting out.

I will try that.

Any suggestion on the mod depth pot question??

Thanks, Marc

gitaar0

Quote from: gitaar0 on September 21, 2010, 06:42:37 AM

Thanks, Marc

Would a bigger pot for the mod depth solve the problem that at lowest the depth does not go to zero?? Or a sesitor in series??

I will try this later.

Marc

gitaar0

Quote from: gitaar0 on September 21, 2010, 11:30:59 PM
Quote from: gitaar0 on September 21, 2010, 06:42:37 AM

Thanks, Marc

Would a bigger pot for the mod depth solve the problem that at lowest the depth does not go to zero?? Or a sesitor in series??

I will try this later.

Marc

Bump ;)