News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Order updates 4.6.10

Started by madbean, April 06, 2010, 07:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

All orders before 3/31 have been shipped. Thanks everyone for their patience and support while we dealt with our little crises here. I'll have orders from 3/31 through today out by Thursday morning.

[attachment deleted by admin]

madbean

One other thing: the next few batches of orders will not be tinned with the Liquid Tin solution I've been using recently. I think my batch got contaminated and it's producing crappy results. I'm going to look into some alternatives for tinning to see if there is something other than a solution based method. I know Barry (my7of9) uses a spray, so I may check that out. If I can decontaminate the liquid I have, I'll keep using it.

pandadandan

Quote from: madbean on April 06, 2010, 07:42:30 PM
One other thing: the next few batches of orders will not be tinned with the Liquid Tin solution I've been using recently. I think my batch got contaminated and it's producing crappy results. I'm going to look into some alternatives for tinning to see if there is something other than a solution based method. I know Barry (my7of9) uses a spray, so I may check that out. If I can decontaminate the liquid I have, I'll keep using it.

Yeah I wanted to say that I preferred the untinned boards!  One of them was good, but the other took longer to solder than an untinned board.  Once it flowed, it flowed nicely though.

The tinning stuff Brink uses is amazing but I'm not sure what it is.  It seems a little thicker than your stuff, but conducts lightning quick.  Maybe give him a shout and ask him what he uses.