News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Plexi Legacy (Boneyard)

Started by k.rock!, August 06, 2011, 02:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ct88

great demo man ;) and nice looking :D.. u're running it @18 or 24 v :O? and which mod did u use?

k.rock!

Quote from: ct88 on August 12, 2011, 01:20:58 AM
great demo man ;) and nice looking :D.. u're running it @18 or 24 v :O? and which mod did u use?

Hey dude! thanks! :D

I'm actually running it at 9V. It's stock just like Brian's documentation. I only changed R5 to 47ohms which he also has updated on the documents since it was an overall consensus around here that it sounded better.

I also added a 150pf cap across pins 1 and 8 to filter out some high frequencies over the tone. :) Build it! It's an awesome circuit.

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

shawnee

Quote from: ct88 on August 12, 2011, 01:20:58 AM
Standard 9 volts in but the 1044 IC gives +9 and -9 out so it is 18 volts but not 0-18v.

k.rock!

Guys, my friend (the owner of the Plexi Legacy now) recorded this with it...it sounds awesome!

http://soundcloud.com/krock86/plexi-legacy-demo

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

timbo_93631

That freakin sounds freakin great!   :o   Freakin! Great!   :)  I mean it!  ;D 
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

k.rock!

Quote from: timbo_93631 on August 17, 2011, 02:43:01 PM
That freakin sounds freakin great!   :o   Freakin! Great!   :)  I mean it!  ;D 

hahaha Thanks dude! I think I had a very similar reaction when my friend sent me that clip...really does sound freakin' great hahaha

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

k.rock!

Quote from: chip46 on August 07, 2011, 09:59:02 PM
Glad to hear that, I can't wait to put it in tomorrow. I'll get to run it through its paces at a gig next Saturday too.  ;D

Hey chip, did you end up changing the speaker in your classic 30? How did you like it?

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

keysandguitars

Wow, that sounds awesome! Nice work.
I should still be a "diode destroyer"!

k.rock!

Quote from: keysandguitars on August 27, 2011, 06:04:08 PM
Wow, that sounds awesome! Nice work.

Thanks dude! This is one of my favorite OD builds so far :)

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

bs_ane

You put 150pf cap to 1 and 8 pin to lf347??You make it in pcb or over the ic??

k.rock!

Quote from: bs_ane on February 19, 2012, 04:39:52 PM
You put 150pf cap to 1 and 8 pin to lf347??You make it in pcb or over the ic??

Holy crap, I slacked on responding back to this comment haha I'm sorry man! I just inserted the 150pf cap in the socket with pins 1 and 8 since the leads were pretty thin. I also did it like that in case the owner really didn't notice a difference and wanted to take it out.

I know I'm a month late on responding, but, oh well haha Good luck man!

-K
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

k.rock!

EDIT 07/03/12: I closed my old YouTube account and loaded this video back up for a friend. I'm posting it up again for any of you that want to hear the Plexi out :)

-K
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com