News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Building tip - Battery snaps

Started by jkokura, April 21, 2012, 10:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

Hey guys

I was doing a batch of battery snaps like I do once in a while. Dropped the iPhone on the desk and made a 2 minute video. Please not that the same principle can probably be applied to pretty much any wires, including batches of 3 or four wires, but I haven't tried that.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Diamond

Ha, that's awesome!! :) I connected some battery snaps to an adapterplug, to have an on-the-go adapter for quickly testing pedals. That's another tip!

chromesphere

Cool tip Jacob!  Does such a neat job twisting it as opposed to by hand.  Thanks for sharing!
Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

jtn191

hm could you do that for pots too?

claytushaywood

this is cool!

I've been contemplating how I could add some strain relief to my battery snaps.  I've seen pedals that have extra holes they run the battery snap wire through to act as a kind of strain relief for the solder joints.

anyone got any tips or ideas on that?

jkokura

Well I can share what I do.

I use a zip tie mount inside the enclosure, along with a zip tie. You can find what I mean by zip tie mount here: http://www.amazon.com/Zip-Tie-Mount-25-Pack/dp/B000BSJHLE

Here's what it looks like.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

timbo_93631

That's the same way I do heater wires in an amp!  Awesome!
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

claytushaywood

thanks!  now that's an immaculate pedal- i think i'm gonna start doing 125's so I can do top mounts hardware and neater guts

jimijam

I actually have bought spools of 3 wires twisted for pots and I bet thats how its done only on a larger scale. you could make a rach to hold 3 spools and twist up an assload of pot leads and cut the to 4/5 inch sections and stick em in a drawer for later use. I'm playing with my drill today. weeeeeeeeeee!
tried lifting weights once....they were too heavy!