News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sea Urchin (Deep Blue Delay), with modulation

Started by Diamond, April 23, 2012, 05:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willc

Thanks for that modulation add on vero.
I have a Sea Urchin pcb waiting to get built and I may go with this too.

LaceSensor

Quote from: Diamond on April 30, 2012, 11:00:09 AM
I'm really sorry it took this long! I just got a new job right after finishing this project, which took a big part of my time. But that's good news, because now I have more money to do more projects. ;) Here is the modulation board with the wiring exactly like I did it. The modulation is exactly the same as from the Echo Base project, the schematic of which (as well as some other mods) can be found here: http://musicpcb.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Echo-Base-build-PDF-updated-051810.pdf I also added the extra protection for the voltage regulator. I already posted the link for this earlier in the topic.

I added a few notes:
1) Don't connect lug 1 of the Delay pot to the main board. I'm talking about the MAIN board here, the Sea Urchin board. You DO need to connect delay pot 1 to the modulation board vero.
2) Connect pin 3 and 4 of PT2399. I wasn't sure of this before I started, because the Rebote and Sea Urchin didn't have these pins connected. The Echo Base did though, so I did as well and the project works perfectly.

Thanks for this. Hopefully Ill get chance to try it soon.
Can you clarify where pin 3 and 4 of the PT2399 connect to ?

thanks

Thomas_H

looking at the schematic mentioned Pin 3 and 4 are to be connected to each other  ;D
DIY-PCBs and projects:

fuzzfreak

i have my urchin in a small box? would i be able to use a shorting jack and build the modulation section in a separate box? if i build a filter supply I would only have to disconnect pin1 of the delay pot and make the new connection, and ground the digital ground while the modulation is plugged in i assume i could use a stereo shorting jack and a regular guitar cable to make the connections?

Diamond

If you are planning on building another box anyway, why not just start from scratch and build another Sea Urchin but with the modulation in that one?

Quote from: Thomas_H on May 03, 2012, 12:18:54 PM
looking at the schematic mentioned Pin 3 and 4 are to be connected to each other  ;D

This is correct, they should be connected to each other!