Q4 and Q5 were swapped on the layout pics and schematic of the Collosalus doc even though the BOM listed the correct parts for both. Just to be clear: Q4 is BC549C and Q5 is 2N5087. I have updated the layout and schematic pics in the doc. http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/Collosalus/docs/Collosalus.pdf
Also, to follow-up on some of the clock noise/ heterodyning issues I encountered with a 9v supply (as mentioned in this post
): The noise appears to only have been a problem with my prototype build. I built one of the production boards (which had a couple of changes from the prototype layout) and had no problem with noise. I did make two changes from the stock BOM:
I replaced D4/D5 with 1N5817 (origin. 1N4001) and C26 with 100uF (orig. 10uF). It worked perfectly fine with my 1-Spot and had no noise at all. I also used a 1M pulldown which I did not have on my proto board, but that likely had nothing to do with the noise.
If you do run into clock noise, try those changes!