News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pork Barrel - effect, good; bypass, not so much...FIXED!

Started by Bret608, May 04, 2012, 01:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bret608

Hi everyone,

This is now fixed! I swapped out the switch, DC jack, and even the in/out jacks in order to rule out as many things as possible and also to allow for neater wiring. gtr2's 3PDT board was critical in helping me do that.

I will definitely post a build report as soon as I'm back up to full steam from moving (still in process) and getting a new home computer. The camera I have would require me to download software onto my work computer to do it from there. Not a great idea I think!

Anyway, this pedal is now dead quiet. It's even quieter than the Boss Super Chorus I had years ago, which seemed to have this zipper noise when on. It works quite well with some gain (Roger Mayer Mongoose), which coincides quite well with what Scruffie and others told me as far as how to think about the headroom of the different chips. And of course it's really lush and 3D sounding!

This whole debugging process has taught me a lot. Many thanks to everyone who endured my long-winded posts and PMs. Is there a way to mark this whole post "fixed"?

Cheers,

Bret

DutchMF

Oh man, so good to hear you finally got it working! The Porkbarrel is by far my favorite home-built pedal (of the literally several I've done so far......  ;)).

ENJOY!!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

gtr2

Bret,

You can edit the thread title by clicking edit in your first post.  Glad it's working great!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Bret608

Thanks for the kind words, Paul! I just finished my Cosmopolitan board, and believe me, it felt easy after the chorus! And that's with not having done an etched board before. Then again, I don't know yet if it works!  :P