News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rangemaster Caps and Resistors

Started by jkokura, September 15, 2010, 01:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

I got the Rangemaster Tranny from Smallbear, and it came with a note and two resistors, saying it was tested with these values. I intended to build it with some Ohmite Carbon Comps for some mojo, and I don't have the same values. The Smallbear values are 51k and 3.6k, and I have 68k and 3.9k like the project suggests.

I also got some axial caps, but again, I don't have perfect values. I have a 4.7n instead of a 5n (I figure this is fine), and I have some 50uF instead of 47uF (again I imagine this is fine). Just want to double check that this will turn out right. I don't want to solder these in and find that it doesn't sound good, so let me know what you guys think/know about rangemaster part values.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

mjkk

I have heard these are a bitch to tune right, good luck.. I printed out an article by GEO Fex which explains the whole circuit and is very handy when it comes time to build and tune..
Again best of luck and let us know how it turns out!

eniacmike

I think your subs are in range. most caps are like 20% tolerance anyways so the caps are definatley in range. I am pretty sure the resistors will work too.

I actually did the opposite from you and went with metal film resistors for less noise/mojo and the small bear values where kind of odd so I just went with the nearest values and it worked fine. in fact it sounded great.

I would recommend breadboarding before you build it though!

dictator

I got an OC44 from smallbear and the included resistors.. The only tweaking i really had to do was experiment with the input caps to my liking.. Great sounding pedal!