News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Wiring problem on first MadBean Build

Started by SGJarrod, October 01, 2010, 04:17:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGJarrod

So I just finished my first MadBean build. I did the MuddyBunny and it rocks.... But it does not work with a power supply..only a battery... I used the normal 9v dc jack from SmallBear and wired it center neg like I always do... When you plug in a cable from my Dunlop Power Brick it cuts of the battery but does not power the pedal... I just got done switching out the dc jack thinking it was defective but I got the same results.

I used the wiring on this link from General Guitar Gadgets...any advice or ideas?

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/diagrams/switch_lo_3pdt_ig_dcjack.gif?phpMyAdmin=78482479fd7e7fc3768044a841b3e85a

madbean

Can you post a pic of the guts of your build? Maybe we can identify the problem that way.

jkokura

Chances are it's a simple problem. It may be a faulty jack, or more likely, you've made a small mistake and it should be easy to fix. Tutorials for debugging are coming!!

Give us more info and someone should be able to help.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

scdesigns

Have you perhaps got the battery's + lead on the wrong lug of the dc jack? Try swapping them around.

SGJarrod

ya I'm a tard.... I had the plus lead of the snap on the outer positive in the DC Jack and not the inner one...funny this is my sixth pedal build and I never knew that made a difference...guess I got lucky on the others   :o

thanx guys