News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Is it possible to DIY a tri- stereo chorus?

Started by LaceSensor, May 16, 2012, 03:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

As per the topic title, wondering if its possible to make something like the old Songbird Tri Chorus.

How possible is it to have say, 3 x pork barrels, 1 input, 3 outputs (mono) left right and centre?

Ian

Scruffie

For a complete project i'd look to the BOSS DC-2, only dual chorus but still...

But yeah that'd be possible, 3 seperate clocks might be a headache to layout without heterodyning though.
(Assuming the Tri Chorus is 3 seperate choruses at different delay times, phases or whatever).
Works at Lectric-FX

LaceSensor

Quote from: Scruffie on May 16, 2012, 03:49:25 PM
For a complete project i'd look to the BOSS DC-2, only dual chorus but still...

But yeah that'd be possible, 3 seperate clocks might be a headache to layout without heterodyning though.
(Assuming the Tri Chorus is 3 seperate choruses at different delay times, phases or whatever).

Just been told about this.
http://www.theguitarstoreonline.co.uk/Rivera-3D-Shaman-Chorus/Vibrato-Modulation-Guitar-Pedal/p-0-1987?Source=Froogle

sounds like the ticket. not DIY tho, obvs.

Scruffie

So... left and right wet signal and center dry? That's just two vibrato pedals and a clean signal.

This isn't gunna be a simple DIY project to layout or explain really unless you understand the building blocks of a chorus  :-\
Works at Lectric-FX

LaceSensor

Quote from: Scruffie on May 16, 2012, 04:33:51 PM
So... left and right wet signal and center dry? That's just two vibrato pedals and a clean signal.

This isn't gunna be a simple DIY project to layout or explain really unless you understand the building blocks of a chorus  :-\

Not really haha.
I was thinking I can make a dual chorus by running two chorus in parallel then summing the outputs again with some kind of splitter/buffer thing.

Scruffie

Quote from: LaceSensor on May 16, 2012, 05:04:49 PM
Quote from: Scruffie on May 16, 2012, 04:33:51 PM

Not really haha.
I was thinking I can make a dual chorus by running two chorus in parallel then summing the outputs again with some kind of splitter/buffer thing.

Yeah I guess you could do something like that, not how i'd go about it but don't see why not so... splitter in to two choruses each with its own output (L&R) and then I guess one of those psuedo 'stereo' mods for the center dry signal.
Works at Lectric-FX

mattc

Sorry for the necrobump, but full tone is making a rack version of these.  It looks like three choruses that get summed into left and right.  Without the fancy metering, it seems like it could fit in a (big) pedal?

bcalla

Tonepad sells a small clone with an optional stereo add on board.  Might be a good place to start.

peterc

Affiliation: bizzaraudio.com