News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aristocrat and Pork Barrel are now available + more

Started by madbean, October 05, 2010, 01:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

The Aristocrat and Pork Barrel boards are finally in stock! Two new projects will also be released this week: the Retrograde (Tycobrahe Octavia) and the Rump Roast (Carmen Ghia pedal port--sounds totally killer). Third, international shipping has been LOWERED to $2.25 for two boards and $3 for three or more boards. Finally, tinning for handmade boards is back! For the foreseeable future, all handmade boards will be pre-tinned at no additional cost. It's one of those 'value added services', or something.

eniacmike

wow. I have a carmen ghia clone it will be interesting to compare the two.

is there a trick to pre-tinning boards? I tried to do it with a board I etched from tonepad and it got extremely messy.

madbean

Quote from: eniacmike on October 05, 2010, 02:52:36 AM
is there a trick to pre-tinning boards? I tried to do it with a board I etched from tonepad and it got extremely messy.

Not really. Main thing is proper prep (polish and clean), tin for a couple of minutes then wash immediately with warm water and dry. The washing part is really important. And you have to dry it pretty quick.

lincolnic

What is the Carmen Ghia? I tried to Google it, but it kept wanting to tell me about old Volkswagons instead.

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

Quote from: lincolnic on October 05, 2010, 04:06:50 AM
What is the Carmen Ghia? I tried to Google it, but it kept wanting to tell me about old Volkswagons instead.

Not to hijack the thread..but I love the VW Karmann Ghia!  I see a themed pedal in my future ;)
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer