News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Sunking That Almost Wasn't

Started by whitebread47, May 19, 2012, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitebread47

I got an old ver.3 Sunking board in a recent trade, so I had to get on building it.  However, I accidentally plugged the AC input cord for my DC Brick into the DC jack.  Some of you may have seen me in Tech Help freaking out about my nonfunctioning Sunking some hours ago.  All that was needed was a diode swap and I was in business.  I've owned a couple of Klones before, and this hangs in there with the best of 'em for sure!

The oddball knob is because the knob I was planning to use wouldn't tighten up to the pot for some reason, so this is a temp on the gain pot.

As usual, the wiring leaves something to be desired, but it works and is my favorite build yet (I think it's the 5th pedal I've built so far).

Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

chromesphere

Hey man, looks good!  I personally wouldnt fret too much about the wiring on a sunking.  It was a total PITA for me.  Kind of did my head in.
Well done!

Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

Bret608

I'm no wiring champion so I can relate! This is a really nice color scheme. I'm sure it sounds awesome!