News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lifted pad Egodriver

Started by Hyatt, October 07, 2010, 08:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hyatt

So I lifted the positive side of C10 on both sides of the Egodriver board somehow.  (was desoldering out 16v electrolytics to put in 25v). Is this board dead now or can I fix it somehow?  The whole board is populated, haven't done the wiring yet, this just happened now.  What should i do.  Thanks.   

chromesphere

Hi Hyatt,

I usually remove the old component, insert a new one and bend the lead over the remaining track (so the lead is parrellel with the track).  Cut the lead to size, and solder it directly onto the track.

Either that or you can drill a new hole through the track.  Might be difficult if its populated though.

Paul.
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

madbean

You can solder one in between the right-most lead of Q2 and pad3 of the Tone pot, or in parallel with R15 on the underside of the board. It's for filtering...the board will still work even without it.

Hyatt

Alright cool.  Glad its not lost.  Thanks for the help.  I'm going to wire it up and see if I should add the cap.  I left off R1 because the original doesn't have it, do you know if the original has the filter cap, Madbean?