News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

06.03 - Projects Page change

Started by madbean, June 03, 2012, 09:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Discontinued/unavailable projects have been relocated to the forum rather than being posted on the Projects Page. The reason for this change is I still get multiple emails a day asking me when such and such PCB can be purchased even though I have tried to make it clear certain projects are no longer available. Hopefully, this will make things more clear. All the links and info attached to each of the recloated projects are still there--just in a different part of the MBP website:

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?board=25.0

murdog47

In the recent past the Retrograde and Deadringer were listed as coming soon but I see they are both on the discontinued page now. Are they no longer going to be released?

djaaz

Quote from: madbean on June 03, 2012, 09:54:23 AM
Discontinued/unavailable projects have been relocated to the forum rather than being posted on the Projects Page. The reason for this change is I still get multiple emails a day asking me when such and such PCB can be purchased even though I have tried to make it clear certain projects are no longer available. Hopefully, this will make things more clear. All the links and info attached to each of the recloated projects are still there--just in a different part of the MBP website:

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?board=25.0

It's a shame. The DIY projects subsection was crystal clear to me. Liked it as it was.
But somehow rebrowsing the archive section allowed me ton find an etchable version of the porkbarrel.

madbean

Quote from: djaaz on June 03, 2012, 01:54:47 PM

It's a shame. The DIY projects subsection was crystal clear to me. Liked it as it was.
But somehow rebrowsing the archive section allowed me ton find an etchable version of the porkbarrel.

Thanks for your feedback. We'll see if it is a permanent change or not. Once the new website design is completed things may change around again since the projects and "store" will be on different parts of the website.

DutchMF

I'm with djaaz on how clear the old DIY-section was, but I totally understand you getting a bit "tired" of all the e-mails asking about those boards! Can't wait to see the new, improved website, if everything else you put out is an indicator, it's bound to be good! How about a launch-party?  ;)

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

icecycle66

I've noticed that the Tiger Lilly is now not a thing and does nothing.

madbean

Quote from: icecycle66 on June 04, 2012, 11:09:53 AM

It would fall under the "More baby boards" under "in development". Technically, it is still a thing that does nothing ATM.

midwayfair

This made me lol quite a bit.

I like the new site layout --- it's very helpful to just be able to browse exactly what is currently available to order -- but I imagine it may end up getting less casual search traffic for the moment.

I also like that all the links in the forum post work. I thought we were supposed to be very, very clever about guessing the URLs for certain discontinued projects, but it turns out that the links were just broken. :)

gtr2

Quote from: madbean on June 04, 2012, 11:13:26 AM

It would fall under the "More baby boards" under "in development". Technically, it is still a thing that does nothing ATM.

I've got my 1/8watt 0 ohm resistors ready  ;D
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer