News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

AC Booster

Started by Geosh, April 13, 2010, 01:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geosh

I understand it is a slight variation from the RC booster and there are supposedly schematics floating around too, but I don't know if they are verified.

Any chance you will have a PCB for one any time soon? Or better yet, any chance you will make a PCB that will work for either an AC or RC Booster? A "Quasar / Alpha Centauri" Booster maybe?

Doc Plus

A PCB for the AC Booster is a great idea !

madbean

You know...I think I already have one! I'll look again. I seem to remember putting one together a year or so ago.

gitaar0

Quote from: madbean on May 10, 2010, 08:18:36 AM
You know...I think I already have one! I'll look again. I seem to remember putting one together a year or so ago.
Hi Brian,

I would be interested in an AC Booster PCB.

Let me know if you can do that please. Thanks, Marc

madbean

Yeah, it'll happen. I'll put it down for the next batch of releases.

rowland1

I was just going to request the AC Booster. I searched first and found this thread. Glad to hear it is already on the list.

jtn191

Hm...even though it's supposed to stand for Almost Clean, is Xotic's "AC boost" based on the overdrive of vox amps (ac30)?

regardless, +1   ;)

oldhousescott

No, the AC Booster is essentially a TS with a Baxandall tone stack instead of a simple tone control.

masterlk

I would  agree about the TS and AC being close. I don't know how to compare schematics but i have both and besides the flexibility that the treble and bass controls offer they sound not exact but really similar to me tone wise. I have an EF86 preamp channel in my amp and its really mid dominant but the AC Booster really sounds good with it using a tele. Not sure why because the AC gives more of a mid hump but it sounds good. Almost Brad Paisly like.

madbean

I've now have the Quasar fixed up so you can build either the AC or RC on it. I'll have the project doc up in a day or so.