News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mudbunny Civil War Issues

Started by tuffteef, June 23, 2012, 11:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tuffteef

alo!

so i built a civil war muff with the mud boards its been working great but has mysteriously stopped working properly

im not sure whats going on but ive checked contin with the switch and all the wiring and checked for shorts
which are all fine

everything still wipes but all i get is a fizzy crackling when playing guitar through it

heres some voltages

Q1
E 4.50
B 0.74
C 0.14

Q2
E 4.50
B 0.74
C 0.14

Q3
E 7.96
B .01
C .01

Q4
E 5.47
B 1.38
C 0.87

ive probed around from Q3 to check for contin but other then that i dont know where to go
any help would be lovely!

jball85

I know this doesnt help, but when you do get it working.... run a ts type overdrive into it. Badass!!

jimmybjj

I think you meant to put the emitter label where the collector is and visa Versa. The base should be about a diode drop above the emitter (0.6v) so it looks like q1 and 2 are of and things look off at q3. Crackling sounds like a misbiased transistor. I'd start looking for wrong resistor values, solder bridges, and reflow the solder joints around q3.

Before all of that I would suggest you read and follow Jacobs thread about making and using a test rig http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=1140.0 

Pic can never hurt either. Some of the guys around here can pick out a flaw/error in seconds.
Pcbs no longer available