News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

600-800ms Analog Delay

Started by jkokura, October 12, 2010, 01:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

I want one, and i want it with Tap Tempo. I decided this yesterday. I would even sell my BYOC 1 second Analog Delay to built it.

Anyone wanna buy a BYOC Analog Delay? I'll sell it to you at my cost! It's not one of my better finishes. I might refinish it actually, but maybe not.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

madbean

Choices are pretty limited on true analog delay with tap tempo. The Memory Lane is one of them....but even that's around 550ms.

jkokura

I know. I think I'd be alright with 550ms, but I'd like it at 800. Of course, that may be impossible.

The trick of it is using an all Analog Signal Path with at least 2 BBD Chips which is a pain anyway, and then adding in the all digital tap circuit...

It's a big dream. I know digital delay that emulates Analog would probably be the best option, but still.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

I feel your pain..

I'm currently using a carbon copy and then a Timefactor for my tap tempo needs but something like a memory lane would be awesome!!!! ;D
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

B_of_H

I find that 800ms is about as long as I ever tap and usually only during extended improv jam type situations and usually it's probably 700ms or less.  (i used to have a dd20 and I would take a look the screen occasionally :)

is a digital potentiometer that works like a regular pot something that does not exist?  I think one of the coolest things about analog delays is manipulating the delay time manually...which with the ptap style thing you can do with tap tempo albeit of the digital variety which is way less musical.  I'll do it during spacey stuff and the pitch raises and lowers with the rate of the tap ala manually sweeping the knob.  an analog delay that does this would be a hell of a psychedelic freak out generator.   

B_of_H

Quote from: B_of_H on October 13, 2010, 05:31:06 PM
I find that 800ms is about as long as I ever tap and usually only during extended improv jam type situations and usually it's probably 700ms or less.  (i used to have a dd20 and I would take a look the screen occasionally :)

is a digital potentiometer that works like a regular pot something that does not exist?  I think one of the coolest things about analog delays is manipulating the delay time manually...which with the ptap style thing you can do with tap tempo albeit of the digital variety which is way less musical.  I'll do it during spacey stuff and the pitch raises and lowers with the rate of the tap ala manually sweeping the knob.  an analog delay that does this would be a hell of a psychedelic freak out generator.   

how about calling it 'the face melter'   ;D