News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sequenced Tremolo

Started by NoizeD, November 11, 2010, 01:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoizeD

I would love a project about something similar to the Lightfoot Goatkeeper or the Zvex Tremorama..i found on the net a 16-step tremolo called Voetsek Tremolo, but IMO does not sound good at all

http://soniccrayon.blogspot.com/2008/11/voetsek-tremolo-diy-guide.html

I am asking since i'm not able to find anything better :/

JakeFuzz

Pretty sure you could take the sequencer section from the ooh wah and hook up the LED/LDR to any tremolo circuit controlled that way (tremulous lune), that's probably what the tremorama is anyways.

madbean

The next version of the Dig Dug will be doing exactly that: turning the sequencer/random portion into a module that other effects can be plugged into. In fact, the prototype for the new board arrived while I've been on vacation :)

JakeFuzz

That is awesome Brian! Great idea, i am sure there are a couple more effects that will sound interesting using a sequencer.

I checked out the goatkeeper yesterday, that thing looks super fun. The sequencer knobs control speed multipliers instead of volume! Very cool, I don't see any way of doing that without a custom made IC.

madbean

Another application for the Dig Dug is plugging in a proximity plate to control the speed of the sequence. I pretty much have the Probe control nailed down...just a little more investigating is needed on the right size of copper plate.

NoizeD

Quote from: madbean on November 12, 2010, 06:54:47 AM
The next version of the Dig Dug will be doing exactly that: turning the sequencer/random portion into a module that other effects can be plugged into.

Cool!  ;D

JakeFuzz

Pretty sure I've come up with the functional equivalent to the goatkeeper. Using Tom Wiltshire's microcontroller program and a CD4017 counter. If you can sync the CD4017 clock to the clock output of the tap tempo LFO, you could send the sequenced outputs (5v steps) to the top of a parallel arrangement of 8 rotary switches (as outlined in Tom's spec sheet). These rotary switches would set the voltage controlling the tempo multiplier and would change as they were set for each sequence (with 4, 6 or 8 steps like a tremorama!). To get indicator LED functionality like the Goatkeeper you could use an and gate on each of the sequencer outputs and compare with the output tremolo waveform or you could use the sequencer outputs as a transistor switching voltage to route the tremolo waveform through the appropriate LED and even an individual step volume pot.

It would be very similar to a Goatkeeper with more features. I say we make the ultimate tremolo, a sequenced, tap tempo and/or theremin plate speed control, multiple waveform and multiplier varying tremolo pedal. Unfortunately I have neither the time nor money to put a project together like this (part count would be through the roof). For now my R&D contributions will have to be ideas  :)   

JakeFuzz

Ahhh, bummer. The clock output on the tap tempo LFO sounds like it is determined post multiplier. This would definitely work if they could make a pre-multiplier clock output pin. I would probably be so easy for them to program that in too!  ???

JakeFuzz

Pardon my MS paint engineering skills. Not really intended as a serious schematic, just to give you an idea of what I am thinking about.