News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

dual channel snarkdoodle

Started by eniacmike, October 22, 2010, 07:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eniacmike

I made a dual gain snarkdoodle. The 3pdt switches between two different gain knobs. I was really worried that you would hear a pop or a gap when switching between the two different gains but you don't this trick worked great. I saw somebody do this with a dr. boogie to make a dual channel so I tried it with this and worked out great.

the artwork is all from dog day afternoon. I was wanting to use regular black (fulltone) style knobs but I am out so I just threw some chrome domes on there, but they look really cool with the halftone deniro kind of matching the knurled knobs. I still might switch back just so it's easier to see where the knobs are set to.

madbean

Super! I think you've already got more builds posted on this forum than I've built in my six year 'career'. Your proficiency is sick!

mjcyates

neiloler

That thing is lovely! Might I ask how you did the transfering of the graphic to the box? Decal? Press'n'peel pcb transfer paper?
OLERAudio - Sole proprietor, engineer, and goofball

joshcamp

hey eniacmike - can you tell us what you did to accomplish the dual channel design ?  I will building one of these soon and love the idea !

eniacmike

http://www.rhythmanddetonation.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/DUALSNARKDOODLE.jpg

I also included a diagram for doing a dual channel with led indicators, this didn't occur to me until after I drilled my enclosure and painted it so I didn't do this with mine.

joshcamp

wow !  this is great - thanks !!

jkokura

DON'T FORGET THE RESITORS IN SERIES WITH THE LED'S!!!!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

eniacmike

gtr2

Very nice work and diagrams.  I was contemplating a "faux" dual channel but with a volume boost instead of gain for a build.  Thanks for sharing.  Your graphics are always well executed!
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

eniacmike

with a volume switch you would probably have to use a 4dpt to add led's unless you just tie the cold lugs to common grounds. I would test it out before I boxed it up though. sometimes switching pots doesn't work right. depending on the circuit you may get popping.

gtr2

Yeah a 4pdt would be the ticket, I might try it on a project someday.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer