News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lovetone Doppelganger

Started by LaceSensor, August 08, 2012, 07:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

Hi

Heres the finished product for those of you who have followed this thread: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=5742.0

For those of you that havent followed the thread, in summary, what I did was took my original v4 Lovetone Doppelganger, and removed the innards. Once out, I scanned the PCB on a flatbed scanner, and then used the images to create my own press'n'peel-able layout, using a combination of photoshop and good old ms paint.

Ive boxed this up in a nice stealthy matt black hammond 1550G case.
It works exactly like the original, but has a bit more range in the sweep which i actually quite like, because of the combination of LED/LDR I have used.

Hopefully a couple other members here will produce their own clones from my build doc :)
Quite proud of this as I did all the legwork for this myself, and Im glad to be able to give something back to the community.

Here are the pics:

I might make a video if I get time :)

stecykmi

murdog47

Looks amazing! Love to hear some sound clips  ;D

irmcdermott

So awesome. I cannot wait to build one of these for myself. Thanks so much for this contribution.

night-B

Congrats! Matt black always look classy and durable  ;)

LaceSensor

Just been playing this side by side with my "real" one and its got all the same sounds, with a tiny more spread at the extremes of the Span controls, like the very last 5% or so at either end.

Couldn't be happier with it.

pickdropper

I definitely want to give this one a go.

Has anybody started the smaller 1590bb layout?  If not, I might be willing to take a shot at it in Eagle.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

LaceSensor

Im unsure how a 1590bb is gonna work, with 3 footswitches.

Probably a good idea would be to drop the phase/vibe footswitch, have that as toggle.
I tend to run it in phase mode mostly.

The true / spectral bypass could probably be omitted completely, the spectral is just an imitation of the old univibes which colour your tone even when off, and I never use it.

Someone else is working on it but if you have the time, more people working on it means more chance of success.

night-B

I'm on it, schem is 3/4 drawn. You can give it a try too!

monkeyssj1

pickdropper

Quote from: night-B on August 08, 2012, 11:31:32 AM
I'm on it, schem is 3/4 drawn. You can give it a try too!

I'll try and take a look at the schematic later tonight when I get home.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

raulduke

Epic work Lace. Thanks for doing this for the DIY community  :)

Looking forward to seeing the Schem when it appears.

I would be happy to do an 'open source' (.brd and .sch file) PCB layout (with PCB mounted pots etc) at some point if there is any need?

RonaldB

Great work,
looks really good. This will be a next build  ;)

MattOcaster

Great work! Super classy build!
Must be great to start and develop a project by yourself!
Are you going to do a graphic for it? (usually my last consideration)

Would be awesome to see a PCB manufactured version,
The Meatball board that Taylor did was great.
Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com

LaceSensor

Quote from: mtmattan on August 09, 2012, 12:05:12 PM
Great work! Super classy build!
Must be great to start and develop a project by yourself!
Are you going to do a graphic for it? (usually my last consideration)

Would be awesome to see a PCB manufactured version,
The Meatball board that Taylor did was great.

Im not really happy with the MeatSphere. I think its cos I used NSL-32 doesnt really sound close to a real one.

As for graphics Im quite enjoying the stealth look for now, and toner transfer doesnt really cut it on matt black.