News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Shoot the Moon ... in a 1590A

Started by midwayfair, August 11, 2012, 08:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Om_Audio

Thanks for this, might give this a go at some point.
C
Sent via soup cans and string.

midwayfair

Quote from: Om_Audio on October 06, 2012, 02:29:12 PM
Thanks for this, might give this a go at some point.
C

Cool. I updated the layout a little to make using a vactrol (e.g. NSL-32) a little easier.

Om_Audio

Thanks man. Have only built 1 pedal at this point but will prob do a Bazz Fuss and maybe this one on vero. Got my test rig going, putting an audio probe on it today. http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=6471.msg55511#msg55511
Thanks as always for your help.
C

midwayfair

Quote from: Om_Audio on October 06, 2012, 03:47:38 PM
Thanks man. Have only built 1 pedal at this point but will prob do a Bazz Fuss and maybe this one on vero. Got my test rig going, putting an audio probe on it today. http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=6471.msg55511#msg55511
Thanks as always for your help.
C
Okay, but I need to make sure you're aware: This is perfboard, not vero. Vero has strips in rows like this:

------------
------------
------------
With the rows connected to each other.

Perfboard is one pad per hole:
. . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . .

None of the holes are connected.

If you haven't done any perfboard projects, I HIGHLY recommend starting with something a little simpler just to get used to soldering the parts together and working with something that isn't a PCB. The Seymour Duncan Tone Fiend projects are all pretty easy, or browse the DIYSB galleries. Of course, like any other build, it's not so much the over complexity as it is the time and patience you put into it on the front end. Take your time and you can build ANYTHING on perfboard and get it to fire up the first time. The trick is to just be extra certain you're doing it right the first time. :)

Om_Audio

Perf board, yes that's what I have!
Thx!
C