News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Does anyone prefer diy layout for PCB?

Started by 9Lives, August 23, 2012, 05:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

It's close to the wire button. You'll find it.

If you're using wire to connect your schematic, you also need to use the junction tool each time you want to connect two wires. If you use Net, junctions are included automatically.

For the record, I tried DIY layout, and I couldn't stand it. Eagle has way more features, is much more comprehensive, and allows you to do all the things you can do in DIY layout with much more available. Eagle all the way.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

atreidesheir

Quote from: gtr2 on August 24, 2012, 10:11:02 AM
You need to use the net tool for making connections in the schematic.  Not the wire tool.

Josh
Even with the correct tool I have trouble making all my connections in Eagle.  I just have to put in some woodshed hours and LEARN IT.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

9Lives

ok sweet. I found it. So when I make a connection, like from input(T) to the first cap with the net tool, it says (warning) net is overlapping hdguirh$ blah. Is this ok, or how do I fix it?

bigmufffuzzwizz

I personally like DIYLC especially for single sided (not to complex) layouts or vero layouts. I'm still on the same place as you, EAGLE is a pain but I believe with how many have learned it any of us can.
We really need a good tutorial. I've watched CJ's about 10 times and I can never remember cause its so quick. I don't think anything compares to the final look of a well layed out fabricated PCB.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

culturejam

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on August 24, 2012, 10:21:47 PM
I've watched CJ's about 10 times and I can never remember cause its so quick.

That might be a good thing. I used the wrong too to draw the schematic the whole time, haha. Should be the Net tool and not the Wire tool. It works either way, but the Net tool automatically draws the junction dots (which saves time and avoids errors).
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects